unable to register due to different email

Larry-Glenn wrote on 2/8/2021, 9:58 PM

Purchase sound forge and Movie Studio order Removed by Moderator On 02/19/2019. My computer has crashed I am trying to install on new computer but software will not recognize my email and gives error message .??????? Please help

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/9/2021, 2:02 AM

@Larry-Glenn What is your error message? If you registered the program with old mail address just use your old mail again and it should install fine. You can log into your customer account at Magix.com with your old e-mail an password and change your old mail to your new mail if you don't want to use your old mail anymore.

Larry-Glenn wrote on 2/9/2021, 11:50 AM

@Larry-Glenn What is your error message? If you registered the program with old mail address just use your old mail again and it should install fine. You can log into your customer account at Magix.com with your old e-mail an password and change your old mail to your new mail if you don't want to use your old mail anymore.

Thanks I tried that but site tells me my new email is the one I am suppose to use, did change password and I am able to login to site. but install will still not accept my email during install.. I will try and call someone at the nevada office but couldnt find a telephone support number.. thanks for helping...L

rraud wrote on 2/9/2021, 1:02 PM

Forget about the phone contact.

Contact the on-line Magix Customer Service, which handles activation issues and such.
See this recent post for instructions.. it's a bit confusing requesting a support ticket.
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/wrong-serial-number--1259553/#ca1608151
You can try email; infoservice@magix.net, but no guarantee of a response.

Larry-Glenn wrote on 2/9/2021, 1:19 PM

Forget about the phone contact.

Contact the on-line Magix Customer Service, which handles activation issues and such.
See this recent post for instructions.. it's a bit confusing requesting a support ticket.
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/wrong-serial-number--1259553/#ca1608151
You can try email; infoservice@magix.net, but no guarantee of a response.

Thanks I was able to login under my old email (work since retired) and after several tries got the password and was successful getting in to my original account. Now my issue is I have a second magix account with my new email and I cannot change my old email on original account to it ? Do you know anyway I can delete the new account? Thanks much ...L

rraud wrote on 2/9/2021, 1:49 PM

Sorry, I am not sure. I have used the same email address since the Sonic Foundry daze. You should be able to change the email on your latest account though I do not know. if it can be the same as the old. Otherwise keep both.
I keep all log-ins and other pertinent info in a password manger app. I like Password Safe which has a 'notes' section for each entry. The info is as safe as the combination to open PWS, It would be next to imposable to hack the encryption code. It is free btw.

SP. wrote on 2/9/2021, 3:35 PM

@Larry-Glenn

I have a second magix account with my new email and I cannot change my old email on original account to it ? Do you know anyway I can delete the new account? 

Can you change your old mail to your new mail after you changed your second account mail to something different first (a third mail address)?

In case that doesn't work, I think deleting only is done by contacting support at infoservice@magix.net It's likely that support will combine both of your accounts into one.