unable to install instrument package 1 in download version of MM17

a1graphic wrote on 11/18/2010, 5:25 AM

I purchased the download version of MM17 on 9/11/2010.

As with hockeymaniav911's post, I have exactly the same problem. Eveything else installs ok. I sumitted a ticket to customer support the same day. I received a reply on 12/11/2010 saying it looks like a rights and/or privileges problem.

I replied that same day saying I run as administrator (Win XP Home sp3). I received a reply asking me to run syscheck, which I did and sent same day.

Here we are on 18/11/2010 with no answer and a software package which only half works.

Brian

Comments

MAGIX_Audio_Team wrote on 11/19/2010, 3:37 AM

Hello Brian,

We're releasing an Program Update during the Weekend.

After installing it everything should be fine.

If not please contact us again and we'll help you out asap!

Sorry for the inconvinience,

Regards,

San

a1graphic wrote on 11/19/2010, 6:12 PM

Thx San

I'm hoping against hope that the update I received tonight was not the one to which you are referring.

I note the DM changes. The problem I and no doubt others have is that the Instrument Package 1 is either corrupt or incomplete. I was rather hoping that Magix realised that by now.

It is now nearly 2 weeks since I bought the program. Please fix the problem or give me a refund.

Brian

a1graphic wrote on 11/21/2010, 7:14 AM

Hi San,

Thanks for the program update, but unfortunately it has not solved the problem. Also, after downloading the complimentary soundpool file, that will not install either.

I'm getting really fed up now.

Brian

a1graphic wrote on 11/27/2010, 4:17 AM

A satisfactory conclusion has been reached. Magix very kindly sent me a disc. Everything loaded perfectly.

Thank you, Magix and special thanks to Ralf in customer support who did his best to help me.

Brian