Unable to get the activation code for MMM 2024 Premium.

Eight wrote on 12/14/2023, 6:16 PM

Long story short: I've already e-mailed support. However, it might take 2 to 4 days before they reply to me. If they do reply.

I bought a digital copy via Best Buy because Magix.com doesn't seem to accept my credit card payment. I did as Best Buy instructed, successfully redeemed the code over the Magix.com even prompted me to create an account: done. The page even mentioned that I will receive the link shortly with the serial number and should keep it safe. The second e-mail never manifested. No download link, no serial number.

In my account, nothing was listed, saved for the free version because I figured I might be able to activate it post-download: wrong. I waited half an hour, still no second e-mail. I scoured the Magix's official site for help. Sent an e-mail to support. Now it's a waiting game.

The automated mail gave suggestions: none of the suggestions relates to my case, as I am on PC, not Google Play. Windows 10. i7-10th gen, 32GB of ram and a good 2TB of storage--so please do not tell me it's my hardware being outdated. And yes, I've also scoured my junk mail. I'm suspecting more of a server hiccup than anything else--but I was also hoping to find a solution in the meantime while holding out for a hero, so to speak. Thanks in advance if anyone is replying to this.

---

For context: I have used MMM for the longest time, from the 2014, relatively barebone edition, to the current version: Magix Music Maker 2024. I know there's a "free" version, but I wanted to and did bought the premium version so I can have access to the extra features. I never had issues buying the physical copy at my local Best Buy. Problematic is that the latest version of the software is not available physically in my local Best Buy. If I wanted to use the free version, I could very well just do that.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/14/2023, 6:32 PM

@Eight Did you create a new customer account? You can usually enter the serial numbers of older Music Maker versions (cut off version in the past was 2015) into the current version 2024 to unlock features, as long as it is the same customer account.

Magix needs two factor authentication for credit card payments since this is a legal requirement in the EU.

The e-mail usually arrives immediately, but I also had a talk with another user where it took one or two hours, if I remember it correctly.

Eight wrote on 12/14/2023, 7:58 PM

@SP. Thank you for the prompt reply--yes, I did create a new customer account. Sadly, the only product listed is the free version that I downloaded after waiting for over half an hour for a second e-mail in the hopes I can bridge the activation that way. It didn't work.

I bought the digital copy via Best Buy around 2:40pm. Redeemed it via Magix.com shortly. It is now 8:55pm, still no second e-mail. And I scoured the junk mail once more and I also rechecked the products listed as registered--still no show.

When I redeemed it via Magix, it said successful. Yet none of it was registered in the account. And yes, it is with the same account I am posting on the forums with.

Eight wrote on 12/14/2023, 8:18 PM

Censored some personal info. But voilà! No signs of the product being registered. And that's the only message I see after trying to get the voucher to work. The first time, it said successfully redeemed. A second e-mail will be sent with the serial number and to keep it safely. Never got the second e-mail.

Here's to hoping that support would reply.

emmrecs wrote on 12/15/2023, 3:51 AM

@Eight

Are you certain that you used the 100% correct email address when you redeemed the activation code?

I'm not discounting the possibility that the Magix servers were "down" (it's not an unknown problem) but the fact you seem to have received no confirmation email could suggest a problem with your email address, unfortunately.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Eight wrote on 12/15/2023, 4:35 PM

@emmrecs

Thank you for the reply--Yes, I am certain. I just received the 2nd email today, after receiving a reply from support (which was sooner than the timeline they posted, which is very much appreciated). So...it was over 8 hours after redeeming. I guess the silver-lining here is that if there's a similar future case...patiently wait 24 hours after redeeming.