Unable to activate program

QT-Pro wrote on 5/22/2021, 12:49 PM

Hi, I purchased Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 365 in July 2017 but my PC died last week so I had to replace it. Now, when I try inserting my license and email to activate it I get error code -14 and a message telling me to contact support. As support don't want to have any contact with their customers I was redirected to the community.

Does anyone know how I can solve this please?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/22/2021, 12:57 PM

@QT-Pro

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Since you say you have Xara PGD 365, have you paid, each year since 2017, to maintain the 365 service for the product?

If you haven't, I suspect that may be the reason why you cannot reactivate the software.

OTOH, if you have paid each year then I honestly have no idea what the problem could be. This Magix Support page explains error code 14. The meaning of the code is that you are entering a correct code for the wrong product or the wrong code for the correct product.

If you have maintained your 365 subscription since 2017 I think you need to email infoservice@magix.net and ask for their help with this.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 5/22/2021, 1:04 PM

@QT-Pro

Hi

Error code 14 means that you're putting a valid MAGIX serial number into the wrong MAGIX product or version/edition.

Did you download the correct installation file from your account at magix.com, or download and install the current version of Photo & Graphic Designer?

If the current version then you should be able to download the correct installer by browsing to magix.com, login using the Account icon top right of the home page, using the email address and password you registered the software with, and then select My Products - you should find your registered products with download links and serial numbers.

I would also suggest download and installing Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and remove all left over files, folders and registry entries that get left behind - the installer knows nothing about these as they are created on first run - before reinstalling.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

QT-Pro wrote on 5/22/2021, 2:30 PM

Thanks for your answers guys. I have not paid any annual subscription as far as I am aware. Checking the mail I received after payment, there is no mention of an annual subscription.

TBH, I have never even used the program. Not because it wasn't any good. I suppose I had become too used to using Zoner's product and couldn't find the time to learn a new way of operating.

There's nothing to uninstall John. This is a new PC with a fresh version of Windows.

Again, referring to the mail I received, it says:
"Please note:
If in future you install this software on a new computer you can
re-activate the program by following the procedure above, but note
that the number of simultaneous activations is limited. You can cancel
an activation that is no longer required from within the program via
the Help menu, that will free an activation for a new machine."

Maybe the problem lies there? As the PC died on me there was no way to deactivate the program's license so perhaps, according to Magix database, the program is still active?

Anyway, I have submitted a support request so the only thing left to do now is be patient. :)

Bonne soirée!