Turn off VSTinstrument and hear only new sound effect created from VST

Lubomir-Rabatin wrote on 2/16/2021, 8:20 AM

Hello,

i have MMM 2021 premium edition.....please if i created some sound effect from VST instrument (for example with phaser) Can i turn off the VST instrument playing behind (in my case piano) and hear only new sound effect which i created? Thank you.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/16/2021, 8:42 AM

@Lubomir-Rabatin

First, thank you for creating this new thread!

If you are using a VST Effect to change the sound of a VST Instrument, if you turn off or remove the instrument the effect will no longer "work". The "effect" then has nothing to effect because there is no sound being created; the "instrument" creates the sound, the "effect" changes it.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Lubomir-Rabatin wrote on 2/16/2021, 9:03 AM

Maybe i did not use correct wording. I did not mean that i will turn off/remove the VST isntrument. Attached is an example. When VST Effect is increasing the piano is still present there. Is it somehow possible that sound of piano will fade out? Thank you

emmrecs wrote on 2/16/2021, 11:05 AM

@Lubomir-Rabatin

Does the Effect control include a Wet/Dry facility? If so, try increasing the level of "Wet"; once at its maximum you will have the greatest amount possible of the Effect and the least amount possible of the Instrument.

HTH

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Lubomir-Rabatin wrote on 2/16/2021, 12:33 PM

Phaser effect does not have wet/dry facility :( ......In Phaser effect only when i set MIX to 100% i minimaze the piano sound...but then i lost effect which i want :)...... But thank you for hint i will try wet/dry with another effect