Trying to verify and reproduce bugs

josh-bell wrote on 9/27/2021, 9:59 PM

Hi all,

I'm a bit fed up with Samplitude PRO X6

It feels unstable and behaves inconsistently.

Anyway, Is anyone here able to reproduce or noticed the following bugs?

If so, I'll either submit them officially or give up on Sam altogether; I've been a user since v9 and I've never found it this much of a chore, what with all the random crashes, lost work, and confusion from borked features.

Pro X6 (Build 21418, 64 Bit)
Windows 10 21H1
RYZEN 9 5950X
64GB
UAD apollo Twin USB Software version 9.14.5 05-14-2021 build 67925

- Nudge midi notes (Alt + 1/2) cannot be undone with Ctrl+Z

- Grid lines sometimes do not appear in MIDI editor (usually solid Beat lines)

- Economy Engine still problematic (often not working first time..?)

- Audio Quantisation cannot be undone by Ctrl+Z

- Audio Quantise splits audio mid waveform and ignores very obvious transients (always has since forever)

- For no apparent reason the screen freezes, mouse and keyboard input is ignored and the contents of the audio buffer is looped.
After some seconds everything 'catches up' as if nothing happened at all. (This one is rage-quit infuriating)

Regards,

Josh.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/28/2021, 3:59 AM

@josh-bell

Since you are using Samplitude Pro, are you aware there is a dedicated forum for this software here?

Also, since I suspect there are very few users of Samplitude Pro who post in this forum I would suggest you register at and repost your question at that linked forum.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam