Trying to record, but get a 'No devices exist' error

pnarco wrote on 4/16/2022, 3:57 PM

I am using a Dell Windows PC, Windows 10, Realtek soundcard, all purchased a year ago.

I purchased my copy of Sound Forge in the past week and recently updated so I am sure that I have the latest version.

When I hit the red 'record button in the program, I get an error message that says 'No devices exist' and I can't get beyond this.

This is kind of mission critical for me because i am finalizing an important sound project that i am hoping to get done by tomorrow so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

rraud wrote on 4/16/2022, 5:06 PM

Exactly what version of Sound Forge do you have? Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.
Could you record sound prior to installing the new version of Sound Forge? Are you recoding from a microphone or other sound source and where are they plugged in.

Check your Windows 10 sound/record settings to confirm you have the correct source enabled. ('microphone' for instance) and disable the other items you are not using.. Also check the Win 10 Privacy settings , Win 10 sometimes disables the microphones by default.

Back in Sound Forge, check the Audio device type in "Options> Preferences> Audio" The MS Sound Mapper or the Windows Classic Wave driver are usually trouble free. Confirm the settings in 'Record' tab.

Otherwise, here are the basic instructions for recording in Sound Forge.
"When you are ready to record, 0pen "View> Record Options" and enable 'Transport> Arm' (aka, record ready) to check your record volume and adjust the record levels if needed at the source or interface/soundcard. Initiate recording by selecting 'Transport> Record' (or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+R). To pause recording, select 'Transport> Record' again (or the keyboard shortcut) and the play-head cursor should return the to starting location... Depending on the "Options> Preferences> General" preferences settings and SF version number, Selecting 'Transport> Record' again, will either pause or rewind the the original start position (and overwrite the previous sound data) . To stop recording all together, select 'Stop' in the Transport menu or Transport toolbar.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @pnarco.

pnarco wrote on 4/16/2022, 5:21 PM

It says it is 'Sound Forge Audio Studio Version 16.0 (Build 39) 64-bit'

It is the first time that I am using it to record. It is for something that is playing off the soundcard/browser. NOT utilizing the microphone at all.

I will check the settings that you suggested and write back to tell the results. Thank you.

pnarco wrote on 4/16/2022, 6:15 PM

I was able to fix the problem by enabling the 'device' 'Stereo Mix' in the Windows input sound settings. Thank you very much again for your help and getting me pointed in the right direction.

rraud wrote on 4/16/2022, 8:02 PM

Glad your dilemma has been resolved.

Stereo Mix= record what you hear!