Trying to get purchased instruments and loops to work

Matt-Grayson wrote on 4/1/2021, 10:28 AM

Hi, after my previous issue of new Instruments not showing for sale in the Store, I took advice from a moderator and went to Producer Planet. I bought two packs and I've downloaded and unzipped them.

I'm a bit of a rookie with the next bit. I can find the files through the file manager, but not on the soundpool or Instruments stuff. All I can do is load the wav into the Editor, but I want to be able to use it though the Midi. Loading the wav simply gives me the preset single note sound.

Any guidance on how to correctly install it would be greatly appreciated and also explain it to me as you would do a five year old ;)

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/1/2021, 1:36 PM

@Matt-Grayson You can add Soundpools with the gear icon to your Loop window.

This will ONLY work, if you bought Magix Soundpools. If you use Loops from other vendorsm which are also sold on ProducerPlanet you will have to use the file browser like you already did. In this case you did everything right.

All I can do is load the wav into the Editor, but I want to be able to use it though the Midi. Loading the wav simply gives me the preset single note sound.

In case it is just a single note you need a sampler VST to play it. This is an VST where you can map the sound to your keyboard and play it lower or higher, depending on which keys you press.

For example Magix offers Independence (Free Version) which can load up to 25 audio files and can place them on MIDI keyboard.

It works like I show in this clip where I drop a piano sound into the sampler. Then I can play it with my MIDI keyborad.

emmrecs wrote on 4/1/2021, 1:51 PM

@Matt-Grayson

Hi again!

What was the content of the packs you bought, instruments, soundpools or both?

If you go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common you should find two folders, "MXSynth" where Magix instruments should be installed and "Soundpools" where you should find your Soundpools! The contents of both these folders should show in MM, under the Instruments and Soundpools tabs.

Are your new purchases showing in either or both of these locations?

If you also have any non-Magix instruments etc. installed these will NOT be in the above locations. I won't say anything more about how to actually access them in MM at the moment, but post back if you are in the position of having any such instruments.

Since you mention MIDI I'm going to assume that you have Instruments you wish to insert into a track. If so, and, e.g., you have the "Piano Default" showing in Track 1, click on the instrument icon (the "grand piano" at the left hand edge of the track). This should open a dropdown list where any of the installed instruments can be selected. Once you have selected the one whose sounds you wish to use, also in that same track header area is a Red box. Click on it until it reads MIDI REC. Then start recording! You can use the on-screen keyboard or, rather more easily, any external MIDI keyboard which is connected to your computer. For some strange reason the keyboard that is in the actual instrument screen, (rather than the app workscreen), although pressing any of its keys produces sounds, it does not seem to record MIDI, but that may be something funny on my system.

Once "finished", press the stop button and a MIDI object will appear in your track. Double-click it to enter the MIDI editor.

...and then the fun really begins!

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Matt-Grayson wrote on 4/1/2021, 2:25 PM

Hi, yeah they're not Magix ones so that's why they're not showing in the usual spot. That clears that up. I'm going to take a look at the VST definitely.

This has all been very helpful, thank you both :)