trouble loading files in ACID 10

lakotawarghost wrote on 2/27/2021, 12:19 AM

So I finally got Acid 10 and installed it for the first time, everything was working fine until I tried to load in a snare drum, it played in the preview but it sounded like it was slowed down to the lowest possible speed, but I loaded it anyways, however once it was loaded in it just showed a straight line like I loaded in a file of silence, i tried changing it to beatmap/loop/one shot but it made no difference. I have been using these files since ACID 5 and never had this problem, its hit or miss some work fine then some do the silence thing, i loaded the same files in several differen DAWs and there was no problem, can anyone help me with this?

Comments

Peter-Elfman wrote on 2/27/2021, 12:13 PM

So I finally got Acid 10 and installed it for the first time, everything was working fine until I tried to load in a snare drum, it played in the preview but it sounded like it was slowed down to the lowest possible speed, but I loaded it anyways, however once it was loaded in it just showed a straight line like I loaded in a file of silence, i tried changing it to beatmap/loop/one shot but it made no difference. I have been using these files since ACID 5 and never had this problem, its hit or miss some work fine then some do the silence thing, i loaded the same files in several differen DAWs and there was no problem, can anyone help me with this?

I have experienced AP 10 occasionally mangling an audio file that I've loaded in as a track. I assume you've shut down and restarted the program, have you tried importing the file again?
If this kind of thing happens again, the only sure-fire solution I've found was to shut down without saving and reopening the project.

In general, you want to make sure you're working with .wav files. If that's not the file type of the troublesome file, try converting it to .wav and see if that helps.