Tried upgrade download and deleted program, Content and VST Pluig-ins

DanM. wrote on 12/19/2021, 2:57 PM

Hi,

When I opened my Music Maker Premium there was a download for upgrade. I clicked on the download and install and it deleted my program, components and my VST Plug-ins. Some of the ways I set my Music Maker shared VST Plug-ins from Acid Pro Suite.

Music Maker is not deleted from my computer and I really need to restore it the way it was.

Please help.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/19/2021, 3:39 PM

@DanM. Open Music Maker, log into your user account. Then enable the download tab and redownload all features there. Go into the program settings and set up your VST paths and scan them to get all your plugins back.

DanM. wrote on 12/19/2021, 7:47 PM

Hi SP,

Thanks for writing and offering a solution to my problem. Unfortunately, after I open Music Maker and try to log into my account from within Music Maker, it won't allow me to. Also, it appears that my program and pop ups are now in German. I'm stumped. The Music Maker program, components and plug-ins are all still in my program files. When I log in manually into my Magix account, I do not have a serial number for Music Maker in my products. I've also checked all my emails from Magix and there is not a serial number. Any ideas?

DanM. wrote on 12/19/2021, 7:59 PM

An error code showing up in my program files for Music Maker is MxErr_rel_u_dynMFC_x64_vc15.exe

SP. wrote on 12/19/2021, 8:02 PM

@DanM. You can try the following: go into the program settings and on the right side click on the button to clean up the store which will delete the old cache. You can also reset the program settings in the File > Settings menu.

DanM. wrote on 12/19/2021, 8:21 PM

So I tried going into the MM program files as mentioned, however, I don't see a button on the right side to clean up the store and old cache. I tried to find this in the main program file for all programs, then in the MM program files, main and individual components and still was unable to find. Is the File>Settings menu within the MM program or the program files?

SP. wrote on 12/19/2021, 9:00 PM

@DanM.

Here are some pictures

DanM. wrote on 12/19/2021, 10:17 PM

Okay, thanks for the visuals, I did both of those and still no plugins or content. Working on this again tomorrow. I've spent several hundred dollars on Magix programs and not having any fun trying to fix this. I'm pretty sure that nothing was permanently deleted, but I need to restore. Any other advise is welcome.

johnebaker wrote on 12/20/2021, 5:07 AM

@DanM.

Hi

. . . . An error code showing up in my program files for Music Maker is MxErr_rel_u_dynMFC_x64_vc15.exe . . . .

Do you mean it looks like this with the red/white exclamation mark:

If so this a not an indication of an error - it is the assigned icon for this particular file.

Note this is from Music Maker (MMM) 2022 if your upgrade to MMM installation was from an earlier version to MMM 2022 then it would appear something has gone wrong with the upgrade installation, possibly your Antivius program has blocked the installer.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

DanM. wrote on 12/20/2021, 4:39 PM

Thanks Johnebaker,

Yes, that is correct, just as you show with white/red exclamation mark, Except mine ends vc15. My first MMM was the trial version in 2020, I upgraded to MMM Premium in 2021. It took a while to get everything in sync VST's with Acid Pro 10 Suite. Everything has been working great with MMM until this happened, which appeared to me as a required update. I say update because no request was made for any payment, so I clicked on the update, it took a while to download, then I clicked to install. As I watched the installation process, it said that it was removing my former program. That made me a bit nervous, so I clicked on pause. I considered that the program was reloading, so I clicked resume and this is where I am now. My concern is that I have no serial numbers, although my purchase (from trial to premium version) shows up in my account. I have additional instrument purchases that I don't want to lose, plus the sync of shared VST's to Acid Pro 10 Suite. I really want to get this fixed, but not sure what to do now.

DanM. wrote on 12/20/2021, 4:48 PM

There is also a Music Maker program file called 29, which also appears in my downloads as ShopManager_mm29

DanM. wrote on 12/20/2021, 4:49 PM

both are dated 12/19/21 when this happened

SP. wrote on 12/20/2021, 5:02 PM

@DanM. It is normal that your 2021 version gets uninstalled if you upgrade to 2022. All your paid features and instruments are bound to your user account. You won't lose anything. If something is missing just reinstall it from the shop. You don't need to pay again if you use the same user account.

DanM. wrote on 12/20/2021, 5:46 PM

I just don't know if it was an upgrade to the 2022 version or a program update, it didn't require any payment. I don't see a way to reinstall the purchased MMM from my account, there is no download or serial number shown and I can't find an email with the download.

SP. wrote on 12/20/2021, 5:54 PM

@DanM. If it uninstalled your version it was clearly an upgrade.

Just download and install the newest version of Music Maker from Magix.com and enter your e-mail address and password to log into your user account. All your version 2021 Premium Edition features will be unlocked in version 2022.

Music Maker is a software that gets continuously updated. You pay for each feature once and you can use them in the newest version. If a new features comes around, you need to buy it, in case you want it. Magix just chose to apply this completely confusing naming scheme with yearly versions and different editions that just nobody understands. Really bad marketing.

DanM. wrote on 12/20/2021, 8:27 PM

So, the only options on Magix.com is the Free Trial version or the 2022 upgrade for $69.99, I wasn't planning to upgrade just yet, do you think that will the Free Trial version would resurrect my previous program, or should I purchase the upgrade to 2022?

browj2 wrote on 12/20/2021, 10:42 PM

@DanM.

Hi,

Music Maker is free - there is no other Version. There is no serial number for Music Maker - because it's free. You pay for Editions, not the program. You did not buy the program and you don't have to buy the program. You can only buy Editions. Editions unlock presets, features and give you credits for some Soundpools and Instruments in the program, which, again, is free. You only get a serial number for an Edition, not the program.

You have to log in (Join) to be able to access your Edition(s), like Premium 2021 (and 2022 if you buy it). If you don't log in, the program does not recognize that you have anything other than the Free Edition (yes, there is also a free Edition to go along with the free program). As soon as you log in (and after it thinks about it for 10-20 seconds) the last Edition that you purchased will show on the start up screen.

On the start up screen, the version indicated for MMM2022 should be 30.0.4.44.

You indicated that you could not log in. Why not? What happens when you try to?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

DanM. wrote on 12/20/2021, 11:23 PM

The first MMM I installed on my PC was the Free trial Edition in 2020, I upgraded and Paid For the Upgrade to MMM Premium Edition in 2021. Yes, I Can login to my account without any issues. What I can't do is re-download MMM Premium Edition from within my account in order to get back to all my saved content and VST's.

DanM. wrote on 12/20/2021, 11:45 PM

This is a screenshot of what my MMM Premium Edition looks like when I open the program from the shortcut

DanM. wrote on 12/21/2021, 12:38 AM

It does not appear that anyone in this forum understands or knows how to resolve the issue with my program recovery problem. I contacted Magix directly and a Support Ticket has been generated. I've only had one previous program glitch, which they were able to resolve quickly and accurately. Thank you to all who offered advice for your efforts, I sincerely appreciate it.

SP. wrote on 12/21/2021, 4:26 AM

@DanM. Your screenshots looks like you don't have graphics acceleration enabled on your computer. What is your graphics card (GPU)? Or does your computer use a processor with an internal GPU?

This problem can appear if you use a laptop with an external monitor and close the lid of the laptop. Windows will disable the GPU to save power. In this case you won't see parts of the program.