Tried install of Music Studio 2022 and uninstalled Old Version 2020

Bob-Padua wrote on 10/19/2021, 9:29 PM

I tried installing originally downloaded Music Studio with old software but no luck.
Tried removing old software 2020 then install MStudio with no luck.
It starts process but after it not begin installation.
Also, I tried turning off McAffee Firewall. I kept Virus Protection on.
Any solutions or suggestions? Thank you.

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/20/2021, 2:37 AM

@Bob-Padua Where does it stop?

When downloading the installer or is the installation already running? If the download doesn't go over 0% it could be caused by your Windows user account not having enough privileges. The easy way is to disable Windows Defender temporarily. Otherwise you need to edit your account settings.

If the installer was downloaded sucessfully and just doesn't start there could be a problem with your current Windows installation. Maybe it is missing some libraries to work successfully.

Bob-Padua wrote on 10/20/2021, 6:36 AM

I turned of Window Defender Security. And Mc Afee Firewall.
Reloaded the Music Studio install and after saying yes to the installation. It doesnt continue. Waited 5-10 minutes to see any activity in Task Manager.
Any other suggestions will be helpful.
Or is there a network install(full install version) of the Music Studio 2022? and with the complete download versus the 5MB download install from my products?

SP. wrote on 10/20/2021, 7:09 AM

@Bob-Padua Are you clicking on "Yes" in the installer or in the Windows User Account Control that comes before the installer?

Does the old installer of version 2020 still work? If not, then it is likely something in your system changed that prevents it from running.

Maybe it just helps if your computer gets a clean reboot. Select "Restart" for this. Do not select "Shutdown".

Graham-Hawker wrote on 10/21/2021, 1:06 AM

Or is there a network install(full install version) of the Music Studio 2022?

There should be. You'll probably need to ask Magix directly to provide a link.