Trial Period Ended - Error

MRB-Brown wrote on 3/19/2021, 7:24 AM

I have just purchased Audio Studio 10 a physical copy, after trying a trial package from MAGIX. When I input the serial number I am presented with the registration screen again with the error Your Sound Forge Studio Trial has expired and asking me to enter the serial number and click submit (image below)I get the same error with my disk and also an official download from MAGIX using the serial number provided with the software. I have uninstalled the original trial package, and even tried cleaning my registry, Could there be a hidden file somewhere. I had no issues with the trial version. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am running Windows 10 and had a major PC upgrade in December 2020. Many Thanks

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/19/2021, 9:04 AM

@MRB-Brown

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Are you aware that the latest version of Sound Forge Audio Studio (SFAS) is 15? So, what you have purchased is actually a very old version! Where, exactly, did you purchase it and is it actually a second-hand (pre-owned) copy?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

condex wrote on 3/19/2021, 9:14 AM

have just purchased Audio Studio 10 a physical copy, after trying a trial package from MAGIX

As @emmrecs points out, Audio Studio 10 is a very old version of the program. With that in mind, where did you get the trial version for version 10 from? It could not have been from MAGIX's website because the only trial version currently available on MAGIX is for version 15.

Be very wary that you have not accessed a scam website.

MRB-Brown wrote on 3/19/2021, 9:36 AM

Hi thank you for both of your replies

I can't remember where I got the trial version from I downloaded it is a stop gap while I waited for my disk to arrive. I purchased the physical version from SoftwareKeep.

https://softwarekeep.co.uk/magix-sound-forge-audio-studio-10.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwl9GCBhDvARIsAFunhsnyHxiK31txFl44tS73hFC4WcdnA2QRZH2qGIn3AD2hHjma4Wq_iYQaAvUvEALw_wcB#fo_c=3191&fo_k=eeed4e8afbf401812c007bbda02b7984&fo_s=gplauk

MRB-Brown wrote on 3/19/2021, 9:38 AM

Do you think that this is a suspicious download

rraud wrote on 3/19/2021, 10:12 AM

Have you tried downloading the Sound Forge Audio Studio-10 from the Magix Download Center and installing that? You will need your AS-10 serial code to access the download and activate after installation.

Serial codes are version specific, so if downloaded and installed AS-15, your AS-10 serial would not work.

MRB-Brown wrote on 3/19/2021, 12:52 PM

Yes I have thanks and still get the same issue. I think that somehow the software that I have bought is suspect. The retailer issued me with a full refund even though I hadn't yet asked.. I downloaded the trial version of 15 from MAGIX and it runs without any issues, so I have decided to buy this one.

rraud wrote on 3/19/2021, 2:04 PM

I downloaded the trial version of 15 from MAGIX and it so I have decided to buy this one

A wise decision @MRB-Brown, there has been numerous problems with purchasing pre registered versions and even unregistered versions from third-party sellers.
If you have any tech questions or issues, this forum should be your first resource.

btw, keep the serial codes and the email address you used when it is registered in a safe place in case you need it for an upgrade or other purposes.

MRB-Brown wrote on 3/19/2021, 2:38 PM

Thanks rraud. Yes, I will, I always store codes etc for my software safely.