Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 1/11/2013, 4:21 PM

Hi Chuck,

You are not talking to anyone from Magix here.  This is a user forum.  If you are looking for a refund, you need to contact Magix sales.  No one here can give you a refund, but if you had a little more patience, we may have been able to help you solve the problem.

George

secureflite wrote on 1/11/2013, 5:06 PM

Hey George, 

Thanks for the clarification.  I suspected as much. In any case my problem is not in developing photo shows, but rather being able to export or share them. Over this past week I have had several exchanges with the technical folks who have not solved the problem.  The latest suggestion was to upload files directly to the on-line web site.  This also failed. So I'm somewhat exasperated and if I wait too long I fear a refund will not be possible.  In any case I am certainly open to any advice from yourself or others.

Chuck

johnebaker wrote on 1/12/2013, 4:18 AM

Hi Chuck

A bit of an obvious question - can you upload to the likes of Youtube, Vimeo etc.

Please supply the following information:

Windows version and whether 32 or 64 bit.

Web browser you are using and version.

Have you ever been able to upload to your Online Album?

Do you get any error messages?

Also please do not publish support ticket numbers online.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/12/2013, 4:18 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

secureflite wrote on 1/12/2013, 2:06 PM

Hi John,

I don't usually download Youtube videos however if I installed the YouTube Downloader software I suppose It would work. In any case, I use Windows 7, 64 bit and Google is my default browser (don't know what version.No I have not been able to upload to my Online Album. I can log on and commence the upload however after just several pics, it will stop.  I have rec'd error messages that have been passed on to Magix support. The last reply back was- quote "Unfortunately, then I can only really advise to use the File - Export - Video as an MPEG4 function. Then select the preset Flash player 1280x720 h.246 29.97 FPS. Save the file to the computer then log into the Online World  directly and use the uploader there." Now I don't have a clue what those number mean and I didn't see them while following these instructions.  In any case, I was able to start the upload direct from the web site and, as mentioned, it stopped after about 6 pics. Very frustrating. I am also unable to download additional program features that are apparently available as free downloads. 

I should also add that while I'm not exactly a computer geek, I certainly have a good general knowledge and have been useing a computer for many years so much of this is not new to me....sigh!

Chuck 

johnebaker wrote on 1/13/2013, 4:34 AM

Hi Chuck

. . . . download Youtube videos however if I installed the YouTube Downloader software I suppose It would work . . . .

You do not need to install a download converter - I am asking if you can upload to Youtube - Youtube has its own web based uploader - there is nothing to install.

. . . . Google is my default browser . . .

This could be part of the problem - the default page timeout setting is ridiculously short for some versions of Chrome.  I would suggest trying a different browser eg Firefox or IE.

How long are the videos and what format are they?

Which program are you using to edit the videos before uploading?

. . . .File - Export - Video as an MPEG4 function. Then select the preset Flash player 1280x720 h.246 29.97 FPS . . . .

Support are referring to this option - this is from Movie Edi Pro - note my setting is 25 fps as I am in the UK

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/13/2013, 4:36 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.