Three VSTs won''t install/register error 1603

TadeoNYC wrote on 8/10/2021, 6:32 PM

I just installed Samplitude Music studio on Widows 10 (64 bit), and, of the additional files, three return error 1603. I went in the download folder, and installed them manually, but they do not even appear in Samplitude, or at least I am too unfamiliar to find them. i can find them in Mixcraft Recording studio, but cannot activate them with my Samplitude serial #.

The problems are Analog Modeling Suite, Vandal, and Variverb. I changed the install so 32 bit files go in VST32, and they installed succesfully. Now how can I register them?

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/10/2021, 7:02 PM

@TadeoNYC You need to add the installation paths of your VSTs under  File > Program Preferences > System/Audio > Effects > VST/Rewire and then scan the paths.

After that you should be able to add the effects to tracks or audio objects in many different ways (depending on your workflow) by clicking on the effects plugin slots in the track view or the mixer.

If you want to use the Magix Plugins in another DAW you need a separate serial number for each one. Usually the plugins that come with Samplitude Music Studio only work with Samplitude Music Studio. Did you get the full versions of the plugins with your purchase?

TadeoNYC wrote on 8/10/2021, 9:30 PM

@SP. I did that. I now can use Vandal, and AM-Track in Samplitude, but the other three AM plug ins, and Variverb do not appear in Samplitude, but do in Mixcraft. So Mixcraft sees them all, but Samplitude can't find it's own plugins?

They are listed as expired in Mixcraft, but definitely properly installed. I only changed the directory for the 32 bit files. So i shouldn't need to be searching for them anyway.

TadeoNYC wrote on 8/10/2021, 9:44 PM

I really want to sort this out. Samplitude looks like a good DAW for playing with Soft Synths. I am not trying to record anything right now, but want to create and save instrument profiles/patches, that i can return to.