This file cannot be added to Acid Projects mp3 may not be supported

Chris-Spargur wrote on 9/18/2021, 9:43 PM

ACID Music Studio Software Version 11.0.10 (Build 21) 64-bit. When trying to import an mp3, I'm getting the following error message: This file cannot be added to ACID Music Studio projects. The file type may not be supported. I just got this new pc and downloaded the software and tried to use the same files I was previously using but at first attempt to import an mp3, I got this error that the file may not be supported. It is the same with any other mp3 file I have tried. Any assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/19/2021, 2:36 PM

Hi @Chris-Spargur - I believe this is fixed in updates to AMS11. Sadly I don't have a licensed copy of AMS11 to confirm, and my trial expired years ago. However, there was build parity between Acid Pro and AMS at some point, for instance build 21 of AMS11 relates to the same build number for AP, if my memory serves me correctly.. MP3 support was added back in the subsequent build for AP, so I suspect you'll be okay if you update to the latest version of AMS.

Chris-Spargur wrote on 9/21/2021, 8:21 PM

Hi @sheppo - I can assure you that AMS11 does support the MP3 file type and that I have been using the drag and drop method for MP3 files on my previous computer before I got this pc. I have uninstalled AMS11 and reinstalled AMS11 fresh from the MAGIX site twice on this new pc. I can see the files only when I select All Files but when I click to use them I'm still getting the same error message. I'm not sure how my pc cannot use a MP3 file for importing into AMS11 but I really need to resolve this issue so I can get back to doing the production side of things asap. Any assistance would be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks

Chris-Spargur wrote on 9/22/2021, 5:46 PM

Update: I have tried converting to WAV file format for importing into AMS11 and the file is not visible even when the All Files option is selected. Any Assistance Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks

emmrecs wrote on 9/23/2021, 3:48 AM

@Chris-Spargur

These are user to user forums so technical support here depends upon the knowledge/experience of other users! You can contact Magix Support via this page.

However, if your file once converted to .wav cannot be seen, there is something very odd about it, I think. If you download and install the free MediaInfo utility it will analyse your file; please post here the results of the Text view of the analysis. That may offer some guidance as to the problem!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Chris-Spargur wrote on 9/24/2021, 7:45 PM

Thanks, Jeff. The files I'm using are the same files I was using with AMS11 on my pc before it got reformatted at the repair shop. I'm thinking they just added soooo much security that the pc can't function properly. I'm not a tech so I'm going to have to contact the people who 'fixed' it. If that is the problem, I'll post it here. I'm not blaming AMS11 and/or MAGIX for this error. Just a frustrated music producer. Thanks for your reply. - Chris

sheppo wrote on 9/25/2021, 8:58 AM

Hi @sheppo - I can assure you that AMS11 does support the MP3 file type and that I have been using the drag and drop method for MP3 files on my previous computer before I got this pc.

@Chris-Spargur - I've Confirmed MP3 import works on the download version, 11.0.7 (build 18) 64-bit, and the version you're immediately prompted to upgrade to 11.0.10 (build 21) - which is the version you're on. I wasn't able to check the version number I had before so sorry about that.. I have tried a few different MP3s and they all work just fine.

Clearly you're having issues, so the problem must lie elsewhere. Here's a couple of options

• Are you running the application as admin? If so you will not be able to drag files from explorer in to AMS, this is a Windows limitation as you're running the application as a different user. You say you're able to drag a file in okay, just then you get an error though, so maybe not that..
  • Alternatively, if you can't see files in the file browser that sounds troubling. Have you tried running the application as an administrator (right click the icon in the start menu -> more -> run as administrator
  • You say you've tried other MP3 files.. Do these files playback normally if you double click on them in explorer? Have you tried rendering something from AMS as an MP3 file, and then importing it?
  • Have you installed any codec packs? sometimes these may cause issues with application's default way of processing files. If you have, and you have the option, try removing a codec's pack MP3 codecs - they really aren't needed in windows by default.
  • If you look at help -> About Acid Music Studio -> Components, what do you see? Mine is pasted below. Specifically the MP3 plug section. - can you browse in explorer to the paths referenced?

Application
    Path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\acidmusic.exe

CD/DVD
    sfcd.cdd.dll version: 3.0.10.4681
    sfspti.dll version: 3.0.10.4681
    sfcdix.cfg version: 1.2.0
    sfcdix.cfg checksum: 185764

File I/O Plug-Ins
    aifplug.dll
      version: 1.2.10.10948
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\aifplug\aifplug.dll

atracplug.dll
      version: 1.0.10.8860
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\atracplug\atracplug.dll

aviplug.dll
      version: 1.2.10.13397
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\aviplug\aviplug.dll

fhgaacplug2.dll
      version: 1.0.10.381
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\fhgaacplug2\fhgaacplug2.dll

flacplug.dll
      version: 1.0.10.5496
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\flacplug\flacplug.dll

mp3plug2.dll
      version: 3.0.10.10369
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\mp3plug2\mp3plug2.dll

oggplug.dll
      version: 1.2.10.11876
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\oggplug\oggplug.dll

qt7plug.dll
      version: 1.0.10.9019
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\qt7plug\qt7plug.dll

rm9plug.dll
      version: 1.0.10.9430
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\rm9plug\rm9plug.dll

sfpaplug.dll
      version: 1.2.10.12188
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\sfpaplug\sfpaplug.dll

stl2plg.dll
      version: 1.3.10.10564
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\stl2plg\stl2plg.dll

swfplug.dll
      version: 1.0.10.7960
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\swfplug\swfplug.dll

wavplug.dll
      version: 1.2.10.13736
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\wavplug\wavplug.dll

wmfplug4.dll
      version: 1.0.10.5349
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Music Studio 11.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\wmfplug4\wmfplug4.dll

johnebaker wrote on 9/25/2021, 11:06 AM

@Chris-Spargur

Hi

. . . . my pc before it got reformatted at the repair shop. I'm thinking they just added soooo much security that the pc can't function properly. . . . .

Which Antivirus program did they put on the PC ?

Try disabling the AV then import a mp3 file to see what happens.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Chris-Spargur wrote on 9/28/2021, 2:21 AM

Fixed it. Thanks SOOOOO Much!!! I removed the ad blocker and uninstalled/reinstalled. All functions are working fantastic! You people are awesome! THANK YOU ALL