The Timeline Editor is soooo buggy

Dustin-Saunders wrote on 4/16/2021, 1:20 AM

Using the timeline

1. I can't record outside of the loop. If I set a point and hit record, it jumps to the start of wherever the loop is.
  2. I can't record on a track other than the top track.
    1. If I add a new track and click on it then hit record, goes back to the top and overwrites whatever is there.
  3. When I drag a loop to the timeline, it jumps to the end of the loop section. I then have to drag it to where I want it.
  4. When I add a loop to the timeline, before I can adjust the length I often have to zoom in a before I can drag the ends.
    1. If I don't zoom in, I only get the grab tool

Are we actually Beta testing this thing?

Comments

Dustin-Saunders wrote on 4/16/2021, 1:30 AM

Additionally, I have 3 monitors, when I right click on a context menu it will show up randomly on one of the monitors, whether or not the app has been on that monitor yet or not.

SP. wrote on 4/16/2021, 2:53 AM

@Dustin-Saunders

1. Please check that looping is not activated
  2. Please check that Audio Rec or MIDI Rec is activated on the track you want to record on
  3. Are you moving the mouse cursor very fast and rapidly? I have made the experience that moving the cursor slowly when drag and dropping it works better.
  4. Yes, but you can use the fast drawing mouse mode to easily make the loop longer and the split mouse mode to make it shorter. The drawing mode works especially fast, if you use just one loop per track. To speed up your workflow it is also a good idea to learn the keyboard shortcuts or define your own.
  5. I also use three monitors and don't encountered this problem yet. Maybe it will help if you reset the layout to its default by pressing F4? Are you using GUI scaling in Windows?
browj2 wrote on 4/16/2021, 8:59 AM

@Dustin-Saunders

Hi,

Further to what @SP. mentioned, recording starts at the beginning of the yellow range bar, not where you set the playback marker.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos