The six channels and recording on those six channels

David-Keith wrote on 1/11/2022, 2:06 AM

I currently have Audio Cleaning Lab and record my singing and background music on that software using a USB mixer. Unfortunately, I have to sing the entire song through to get a fluid sound. I have been in professional studios and sung a song several times and they can load each version into different channels of their software and then cut and paste over any pronunciation mistake I may have made. My question is does Sound Forge, with the six channels have same capability? To rephrase my question would I be able load one song version file into two channels then load a second song file version into two more channels and then load a third song version file into the last two channels and then cut and paste corrections into the best sounding original?

Comments

craig-d wrote on 1/11/2022, 2:33 AM

Hi David-Keith--welcome to the forums! What you're looking for is a multi-track program, not a multi-channel one...multi-tracking allows you to record multiple instruments and vocals separately and mix them together...multi-channel, like in Sound Forge programs, is designed for surround-sound type things. What you need is something like Samplitude, Acid, or even Vegas (which is a video editor, but has multi-tracking capabilities...it actually was an audio program long before it became a video program). However, SF is not what you need for that. I hope this helps!

CyberBeat wrote on 1/11/2022, 4:39 PM

Acid or Vegas is what your looking for. want.