The Program is Taking Over the Midi

Graham-Lloyd wrote on 4/6/2023, 7:39 PM

The program, Samplitude, is taking control of my midi so that other music programs no longer work. This I cannot put up with so, either you quickly tell me how to stop your program doing this or I'm going to delete the program and get a refund. I'm desperate as I need to write music in the other programs.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/7/2023, 6:45 AM

@Graham-Lloyd Can you describe what exactly happened? In case you have selected the Magix Low Latency driver or the ASIO4ALL driver you will not get sound in other applications in case this is your problem.

Graham-Lloyd wrote on 4/7/2023, 5:52 PM

Well. I've downloaded the program along with about 50,000,000 gigs of God knows what. After numerous hours of it installing, I clicked on the program icon to open it...went 'eek, what does all this mean?" followed by, "this I'll have to learn when I have a few hours/days spare over the Easter weekend," after which I closed the program and opened my music program to find the Magix whatever driver had hoodwinked my audio and none of my music notation files would play back. After some 10 minutes of panic and fiddling around in the music programs Audio area I fluked getting sound back. I have no idea why it had switched to the Magix low latency driver (as you said above...at least I know that has something to do with it) but switch it did. Now I need to find out how to not have this new driver take over my other music program/s. Any info will be greatly appreciated

browj2 wrote on 4/7/2023, 9:25 PM

@Graham-Lloyd

Hi,

If Samplitude is not open, then it should have no impact on anything else. I have never had Samplitude do anything to any of my other audio/video programs.

What sound card are you using? Do you have an external audio interface with its own ASIO driver? I have an M-Audio M-Track that uses the M-Audio ASIO driver and it works very well.

I think that if you tried to download 50 million GB you would be waiting a long, long time.

Which version of Samplitude to you have? Suite or non-Suite?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Graham-Lloyd wrote on 4/7/2023, 9:36 PM

Samplitude Music Studio 2023. The audio drivers in my music program are ASIO, Direct Sound and WASPI. MAGIX has taken over the Mic source and output source both with the Low Latency whatevers. I use a program called NotePerformer for audio output. Given most of my arranging is for 'real' players this program gives me the best overall 'real' sound without spending thousands of dollars on the top-end stuff. Still, up until I installed Samplitude, I simply opened the program and I was away, whereas now I have to fiddle with the drivers before any sound emanates.

SP. wrote on 4/8/2023, 3:08 AM

@Graham-Lloyd If Samplitude crashed and didn't release the Magix Low Latency driver correctly, you can simply restart your computer (do not select Shut down and turn it back on but restart it).

Magix Low Latency is a rebranded version of the ASIO4ALL driver. Since both drivers only work with one single program at a time you would either need to install another ASIO driver or get an USB audio interface with its own ASIO driver. Another recommended ASIO driver would be the FL Studio ASIO driver which is included in the installation of the free demo version of FL Studio. This driver will run in multiple programs at the same time.

If you don't want to use an ASIO driver in Samplitude you will not be able to use monitoring features, this means you won't hear anything during recording. Other non-ASIO drivers also might introduce more latency and may struggle to run projects which use a lot of tracks and effects.

It could now be possible that NotePerformer will select Magix Low Latency as its own ASIO driver. Music programs prefer these kinds of drivers because they circumvent the internal Windows sound pipeline which introduces a lot of overhead and makes recording and playback at the same time a big problem.

johnebaker wrote on 4/8/2023, 3:48 AM

@SP.

Hi

. . . . Magix Low Latency is a rebranded version of the ASIO4ALL driver. . . . .

As I understand the differences between the Magix drivers that provide ASIO functionality - Magix Low latency, is a true ASIO driver which requires exclusive control over the sound card/chipset to function.

The Magix ASIO Driver is a rebranded ASIO4All, and provides the same functionality as ASIO without the requirement for exclusive access to the sound card/chipset. This enables other audio sources/playback to be heard while the Magix audio software is open.

With USB device there is one setting which must not be checked - the 'use DMA' option in the USB devices drivers.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 4/8/2023, 4:02 AM

@johnebaker I strongly believe that Magix Low Latency is completely identical (except name and logo) with ASIO4ALL 2.13. In my experience ASIO4ALL always needs exclusive access to the sound hardware which means that no other program will be able to output sound.

The new ASIO driver from Magix which is included in Music Maker seems to be a completely new driver which also works with multiple programs.