The program gets stuck while recording audio

V-S wrote on 5/24/2024, 12:19 PM

i, I have Music Maker v: 32.1.0.18, Win10 + PreSonus AudioBOX usb96 sound card Audio recording doesn't work, after enabling the microphone it does. On the 2nd day it stopped recording again, after 3 hours of setup it did again. From day 3, the program crashes randomly, mainly during recording. (After blocking the microphone in Win, the program runs without errors)

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/24/2024, 4:25 PM

@V-S Are you using an ASIO driver for your interface? Everything else goes through the Windows sound system, which can slow things down significantly.

V-S wrote on 5/26/2024, 2:27 PM

I use in the settings "Wave driver" or "Direct sound"

SP. wrote on 5/26/2024, 2:38 PM

@V-S You need to use the ASIO driver

This is from the manual:

The Universal Control installer for Windows is available for download from your My PreSonus user account. This installation includes the ASIO and WDM drivers for the AudioBox USB96. To begin, you must first visit http://my.presonus.com , create or log into your user account, and register your AudioBox USB96. Once registered, all software downloads will be available from within your My PreSonus user account. 

Download and launch the Universal Control installer on the computer to which you’d like to connect your AudioBox USB96. The installer application will instruct you through each step of the installation process as it installs both the ASIO and WDM drivers as well as Universal Control. Please read each message carefully so that you do not connect your AudioBox USB96 too soon. Power User Tip: It is recommended that you temporarily disable or turn off any anti-virus programs you have running to prevent installation issues.

https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/AudioBoxUSB96_OwnersManual_EN_26062018.pdf

V-S wrote on 5/26/2024, 2:51 PM

I have the "Universal Control" program installed but without registration, could there be a problem here as well?

SP. wrote on 5/26/2024, 4:40 PM

@V-S I would guess it should work fine without registration.

You now need to select the ASIO driver for your AudioBOX Usb96 under the Audio/MIDI tab in the Music Maker program settings.

Click on the Advanced button to open the ASIO driver settings. Here select your audio input and audio output and set the sample buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. Be sure to connect your speakers or headphones to your AudioBox Usb96 because it will replace your computer's sound devices after you select the ASIO driver.

V-S wrote on 5/26/2024, 4:58 PM

Thank you for your help, I have it set up, I will try it directly with the instrument tomorrow to see if the recording works, but so far it seems to be fine.

V-S wrote on 5/27/2024, 9:49 AM

After testing it finally works as it should. Thanks again for your help

SP. wrote on 5/27/2024, 10:00 AM

Ok. Good to hear it works better now.