The letter m cannot be written?!

DJWE wrote on 10/26/2021, 5:15 PM

Hi All! I started to edit an older project, a music quiz with mixed songs, and took out and replaced one of the songs. I have given each song a region with a name. When I tried to use "Rename" to change the name of the region that I replaced then the letter m could not be used, nothing happened when a pressed the lower m-key, but versal M works. I also sometimes get a new marker inserted instead Very odd! Saved and restarted the program but the problem is still there. Tested several other programs and m can be written everywhere except in SoundForge. Any solution to this strange behaviour? I have SoundForge Audio Studio version 15 build 57 (Windows 10 64bit on a Lenovo Flex 2-15). Regards, Bertil

Comments

rraud wrote on 10/26/2021, 5:57 PM

I have encountered the same or similar behavior in SFP.. I think the letter 'E' in my case, which was assigned as a keyboard shortcut. The letter 'M' is typically for inserting markers. You can remove the command all together, if it is really important, add a control key command or other shortcut. Go to the Customize keyboard' menu which in the options menu in SF Pro. Audio Studio may be similar. A workaround is to copy the letter or word from the Notepad app and paste it in.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @DJWE .

craig-d wrote on 10/27/2021, 2:42 AM

Hi! this is something that was reported to the developers a few weeks ago, and it should be fixed in the upcoming patch.