The Export Location of Batch Converter won't take effect

BlakkBubble wrote on 12/20/2023, 9:21 PM

I use Sound Forge Pro 17 Suite, and I found the Export Location of Batch Converter won't take effect, it always just saves the default location or the location that I ran Batch Converter for the very first time. For example I set the Save Files To the New Folder within Downloads folder, but new files only were exported to the Downloads folder, left New Folder empty. More than this, files exported to where original files were and replaced sometimes somwhow, no alarm prompt. I tried several times and gave New Folder name in English or Chinese, same results no difference.

I think the Batch Converter is quite outdated for recent years, the UI design, the window frame, the visual feedback, the filename setting and the capacity, even you can't drag and drop files on it from outside.

I love Sound Forge, this is my main application for everyday work, please make it better and prettier, including but not limited to the Batch Converter.

Thank Magix!

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/21/2023, 4:23 AM

@BlakkBubble Be aware this is a user forum and we are all users like you and no Magix staff is active here.

Believe it or not, but the batch converter is new. It replaced the old converter just some years ago. So, even if you think it is outdated, the developers don't seem think so.

Maybe you need to save your settings as a preset to save them permanently?

rraud wrote on 12/21/2023, 10:08 AM

Seasons Greetings @BlakkBubble, I cannot duplicate the behavior you describe (yes I am using SFP-17 Suite).
In the 'Export Formats' dialog if you do not want 'Same as source' , select ''Export Formats> Options', in the "Save options" dialog and choose 'Export Location". Enter the name of the file(s) and the destination path in "Save Files to". Click OK and "Save" the preset in the preset window to the left.