Comments

eborja wrote on 6/22/2009, 11:23 PM
try downloading the lates burn rutines
ralftaro wrote on 6/23/2009, 7:54 AM
Hi,

The burn routines are on the Magix support website in the downloads section under the "Tools" category.

http://support.magix.net

While I do agree that you should make sure to have up-to-date burn routines, I don't know whether that will resolve your problem. From what I understand, your burning process terminates properly, without any error messages. That sounds like your DVD player (?) is just having a hard time reading the disc properly. You might want to try burning slower or using different DVD blanks. Also, make sure in the MPEG encoder settings that you're encoding and burning the correct video format for your country (you want "NTSC" for the US & Canada and "PAL" for Europe & Australia).

Well, I guess you could see how you get on with the info given above. Let us know if you're still having problems.

ralftaro wrote on 7/2/2009, 9:16 AM
Hi again,

So, it is actually the burning process that doesn't go through successfully in the first place? Then we will have to invest some more time into burn troubleshooting: Aside from the Magix burn routines being up-to-date, also make sure that the firmware for your burner is up-to-date. This is basically the low-level driver for the optical drive that is also involved in the whole communication chain between the application and the actual hardware. Also, try to unplug any USB devices you won't need, disable virtual drives (if present) and terminate programs/tasks that might interfere with the burning process. Basically, try to cut out anything (temporarily) that is not directly needed for the creation or burning of the slide show. You can also run a search for burning problems in the community here. This has been discussed several times before, including some more detailed burn troubleshooting advice.

I hope this helps.