Tempo resample

Stan-Tabor wrote on 1/22/2024, 5:34 PM

Hello!

I'm learning the 2024 version of Music Maker! In my old version, the program assigned a numerical value to an audio file's tempo, and I could increase/decrease the numerical value by adjusting the number. For example, I could change a file's tempo from 144 to 144.5 (Same process for adjusting the pitch).

In the 2024 version, I'm not seeing that option. Anyone know there's an add-on I can purchase to add that feature? If so, anyone know which of the many add-ons it would be?

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/22/2024, 5:42 PM

@Stan-Tabor It's included in the Plus Audioeffects.

After this is installed, you should be able to access the effects via the right click menu on an audio object in your track.

Also try to enter old Music Maker serial numbers into Music Maker 2024. This might unlock features without the need to buy them again. I believe Serial numbers of version 2015 or newer should work fine.

Stan-Tabor wrote on 1/22/2024, 5:53 PM

@SP. Thank you! I had no idea we could use old serial numbers to unlock features. Music Maker 15 is what I am used to using, and I have the CD and serial number! Could you let me know where I'd enter a serial number in the program?

SP. wrote on 1/22/2024, 6:00 PM

@Stan-Tabor 15 or 2015? Version 15 might be too old for it to work, this version was from 2009 if I remember it correctly. I don't have version 2024 installed, but I think you can simply enter the serial number in the welcome screen after starting Music Maker.

Stan-Tabor wrote on 1/22/2024, 6:07 PM

@SP. Ohhhh I've got the old 15 version then! I didn't realize it was that old! ha ha. Thank you for your help!

SP. wrote on 1/22/2024, 6:10 PM

@Stan-Tabor Before you buy a DLC, there is currently a relatively cheap bundle available here: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/content-creator-bundle-vegas-pro-19-edition

It includes Music Maker 2022 Premium as well as Vegas 19 for video editing.

gjonny wrote on 1/22/2024, 11:43 PM

@SP., @Stan-Tabor : I checked out that bundle, and purchased it, mainly for the Vegas19 software. One interesting aspect is that the Soundpools have a commercial license. But only 4 of the 10 were available, the rest were not found (in the MM Store), which is a bummer. I left a support request, maybe they'll fix it so everything is available.

Edit: After a response from Fanatical, I discovered I had set the Store filter to "Discounts". Once I reset that to "All", everything [except "Jazzy Feel"] showed up. <sheepish smile>