Technical problems in the MIDI editor.

Former user wrote on 8/27/2023, 4:36 AM

Hi all there is a problem in MIDI editor.For some reason whatever I choose: "note pencil", "velocity" or other, I always get "magnifying glass".And I can't do anything.That is, I can't put a note or even change the "velovity" because the "magnifier" is always in the MIDI editor.I tried to reset all the settings, but it didn't help. What can I do to remove the "magnifying glass"?On the screenshot you can see that when you try to put a note, it comes out like this...:)I chose "pencil," though.

And also.Advise me how to remove the sound of the note when I just edit in the MIDI editor.I thought there was a "sound" icon at the bottom of the editor, but no, it doesn't work. If I try to lengthen a note, there is always a sound. What can I do to remove the sound in the MIDI editor? I have not found it in the documentation.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/27/2023, 4:42 AM

@Former user It usually helps to restart the computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option!

Former user wrote on 8/27/2023, 4:53 AM

@Former user It usually helps to restart the computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option!

I'm sorry, but I've been having this problem for a few days now. I shut down my PC every day. I've also rebooted, but the magnifying glass remains.

SP. wrote on 8/27/2023, 6:03 AM

@Former user Do not shut the PC down. This will only save the current state and load it again. You need to restart it.

Former user wrote on 8/27/2023, 7:57 AM

@Former user Do not shut the PC down. This will only save the current state and load it again. You need to restart it.

Thank you for trying to help. "Restart" I do first of all if there is some kind of bug with the program.I found a little workaround: "ctrl+1,2,3,4...".This way I can slowly edit. But as soon as I release "ctrl+1,2,3,4...", a "magnifier" appears :(

SP. wrote on 8/27/2023, 8:18 AM

@Former user It is very good if you found a way to reproduce this problem reliably!

This bug is a problem for many years now, but for most users it appeared only once and they didn't know why and therefore nobody was able to fix it.

I suggest you open a technical support ticket. Please click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on "Contact Support" and create your ticket.

If technical support can reproduce this problem like you described, they can develop a bugfix.

Former user wrote on 8/27/2023, 10:01 AM

@Former user It is very good if you found a way to reproduce this problem reliably!

This bug is a problem for many years now, but for most users it appeared only once and they didn't know why and therefore nobody was able to fix it.

I suggest you open a technical support ticket. Please click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on "Contact Support" and create your ticket.

If technical support can reproduce this problem like you described, they can develop a bugfix.

Thank you. I just sent an e-mail there.

Richard-Docherty wrote on 6/25/2024, 11:11 AM

I am getting this same problem now it only appeared yesterday. There always seems to be too many bugs with magix, you get in a rhythm making tracks it crashes, or midi doesn’t work right, it’s so frustrating I guess you get what you pay for maybe it’s time to buy better software

GRB wrote on 6/25/2024, 11:19 AM

I too ran into some MM2025 Midi related issues last night in using it for some ideas, mainly seeing how it functions to do things I'm thinking (without reading manual), and it did error a few times, but I was doing some interesting combo things running, Beat Box Pro 2 along with dragging notes in another track and making changes while actively playing the 4 bar loop, quickly changing instrument presets and parameters..... They weren't the same as mentioned here though, and a stop play and replay would generally reset the funky glitches I had.... so not a huge deal in my example.

My understanding is that the new Magix Team/Dev focus is on bug fixes and core updates...

Let's trust that an update will fix this sooner than later. :)

Last changed by GRB on 6/25/2024, 11:21 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.