Synthwave and Vaporwave soundpools stuck at installation

Siphonay wrote on 12/15/2017, 6:25 AM

Hi! I'm using Music Maker version 25.1.1.67 that I acquired through Humble. While I had no trouble downloading the other free items I got with the offer (Hip Hop soundpools, instruments...), the two soundpools from the 80s collection won't install. They just stay stuck at "installation in progress" like on the screenshot. I've let it run during four hours yesterday but they didn't go past that stage. Is it really stuck, or are they supposed to take this long?

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide me!

Comments

heather-k wrote on 12/16/2017, 6:21 PM

Hello,

I also got mine through Humble and had a few issues getting everything going. I also chose Synthwave as one of mine and it downloaded pretty quickly.

If you close MM it will warn you about any in-progress downloads and show a window of their progress. After successfully installing mine I noticed 3 others with gibberish names that were stuck at 0%. It may be a borked download. I would try closing the program and re-install them again.

Siphonay wrote on 2/14/2018, 8:34 AM

Hello,

I also got mine through Humble and had a few issues getting everything going. I also chose Synthwave as one of mine and it downloaded pretty quickly.

If you close MM it will warn you about any in-progress downloads and show a window of their progress. After successfully installing mine I noticed 3 others with gibberish names that were stuck at 0%. It may be a borked download. I would try closing the program and re-install them again.

Hello. This is not the same issue as the one I am facing. It still happens after reopening the program.
In fact, I even tried reinstalling the program, but the same problem happened them. Actually, the other stuff I had downloaded before are still there even after completely uninstalling and reinstalling the program... That's a really bad software behavior. Uninstalling MAGIX Music Maker doesn't even remove the "Connect" adware it installs.

I fixed my issue by deleting the "Music Maker" folder from the "MAGIX Projects" one in my Documents.

browj2 wrote on 2/14/2018, 10:16 AM

Hi,

Watch my tutorial on Soundpools and where they go, including the ones purchased through the Store; they go under:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\Shop

Check out this folder. Even though the install seems to stall, check to see if the Soundpool was actually completely installed. Some users have reported that the Soundpool installation was actually completed.

If not, try deleting the subfolder with the name of what you are trying to install and try again.

You should not reinstalling MusicMaker for things like this. There is no relationship between the program and a download problem with Soundpools.

Uninstalling MusicMaker does not remove Soundpools. I have more than a hundred Soundpools and would be horrified if uninstalling a version of MusicMaker wiped out my Soundpools. I do keep a backup just in case of disk failure.

@Siphonay

Uninstalling MusicMaker does not remove the folders under My documents. If it did, it would wipe out your projects, recordings, exports, etc. Under C:\Users\User_name\Documents\MAGIX\Music Maker, there are some folders with names that start with ShopManager. I don't know what happens if you delete these, but doing so may solve the problem. This would be a question for Magix. But definitely, do not wipe out the rest of the folders if you have projects saved there.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 2/14/2018, 10:58 AM

@Siphonay

. . . . Actually, the other stuff I had downloaded before are still there even after completely uninstalling and reinstalling the program... That's a really bad software behavior. . . . .

That is correct installer behaviour, any thing created before installation and after installation - the installer/un-installer knows nothing about these so does not remove them.

. . . . Uninstalling MAGIX Music Maker doesn't even remove the "Connect" adware it installs. . . . .

This is a separate program and has its own installer/un-installer Magix Network Sync as does Magix Cloud Import - these are launched from the MMM installer - and can be removed from the Windows Control Panel, Programs and features and/or Add or remove programs depending on the Windows version.

In addition to John CB's comment about un-installing/re-installing for issues like the above - this should only be done as a last resort and where the initial installation is corrupted.

@browj2

. . . . ShopManager.I don't know what happens if you delete these . . . .

They are recreated on next run.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 wrote on 2/14/2018, 12:30 PM

@johnebaker

Thanks for indicating about ShopManager coming back if deleted. I was worried about that.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos