synchronize video tracks with audio tracks

JLTison wrote on 9/9/2024, 5:09 AM

Hi,

I am using Movie Studio Suite 2023. I am trying to synchronize two video tracks with their audio. Following the instructions, I split video and audio on different tracks, I click on the reference audio track, then click on the track to be aligned, then click right on that same track to select "align other audio object with track"...it did work once with a first audio object, then I tried to synchronize another audio object on the same reference track, no success. There is no other object on the track of the second audio I want to align. I aligned several different audio to the same audio reference in the past with no problem. Have I missed something?..I work on a PC, rather recent.

Thanks for your helps,

Jean-Louis.

Comments

JLTison wrote on 9/9/2024, 5:11 AM

Also, Do I need to hold another key when I select the audio to be synchronized?.. I tried with Caps.. did not work..

browj2 wrote on 9/9/2024, 6:02 AM

@JLTison

Hi,

By "split video and audio on different tracks" I presume that the audio and video are still grouped, meaning that when you select one, the other is also selected.

Make sure that you have room at the left side of everything for the clip that is going to get moved in case that it has to move to the left.

There is no sequence of clicking required at the start, just select the objects that you want to be synced. I just lasso them, then right-click on the audio part that is to be the reference object, this is the one that will not be moved, and select Align audio....

No, no other key needs to be held down. Just make sure that when you right-click, the objects are still selected.

In the image below, the reference track is 1/2. Note that the object on 3/4 moved far to the left. That is why space at the left is needed.

Also, make sure that the audio start of both tracks is somewhat near sync. Trim an object if necessary. In the image, I trimmed out about 5 minutes of the first video clip as that camera was started well before the second camera.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

JLTison wrote on 9/9/2024, 8:22 AM

Hey John!..thankbyou so much for your fast response!

Pronlem solved in the meantime..I believe my mistake was to click right on te one that I wanted to move, instead of the opposite 😅 ...Great tool anyway!

Have anice day and thanks again!

Jean-Louis

browj2 wrote on 9/9/2024, 8:35 AM

@JLTison

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and glad that you got it sorted out. Yes, it is a great tool and fast.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

JLTison wrote on 9/10/2024, 3:16 AM

👍...hear from you soon.. on the next challenge 😉