SUPER LOUD BEEP while working on a project

ProductionSavard wrote on 3/9/2024, 11:03 AM

I have a BIG PROBLEM and it's totally unacceptable. It makes my job TOTALLY impossible to do.😡

Just before this one, when I went to a certain place on the loops, it made a kind of clicking noise and suddenly no sound.
So i needed to reset the application settings, as I often do. 😒
Now, when I try to work it makes a BIG LOUD NON-STOP BEEP, even if I stop playing the music in the project. When I export it, you can notice that the problem persists even in the exported file. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

I have a 3000$ PC, i never play in the settings just for fun, this software is so unstable, it's pissing me off.

(as an exemple) I don't know if the mp3 files down here will work as it's from Magix (lol)
The BEEP is starting at 0:18s

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/9/2024, 11:36 AM

@ProductionSavard Do you use a VST plugin in demo mode? Depending on the plugin, these can add bleeps or white noise.

If not, do you have an ASIO audio interface? Or are you using only a single Realtek Audio chipset? These chipsets are on the computers motherboard and can't handle very large projects. They are a simple component. It might work better if you open the program settings, go the Audio/MIDI tab, select the Music Maker ASIO driver and click on the Advanced button to open the driver settings. Next, select your audio input and audio output and display the additional settings to set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. If your computer struggles with that increase the buffer size to 1024 or 2048 samples. Also, try to restart your computer regularly. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

ProductionSavard wrote on 3/9/2024, 11:46 AM

Im not using any VST, my audio interface is the same one i am using since Day 1 ( Magix Asio 1+2)
my output device is the only one i can use ( Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth) I am using a brand new 300$ ASTRO headset, my project is not large as it's only 1:23 minutes long with Pluck, synth, bass, percussion, piano and FX.

Like i said, litteraly nothing have change since i am a producer. Only today its decided to do this...

Anyway, i'll try what you said and restart my PC, i'll comeback to keep in touch.
Thank for your answer.

ProductionSavard wrote on 3/9/2024, 1:30 PM

okay so, after doing what you said and restarting my computer, The BEEP still here, even after unistalling, reinstalling and updating the software.

johnebaker wrote on 3/9/2024, 2:20 PM

@ProductionSavard

Hi

The audio would suggest there is an issue with and audio/midi object and an effect applied to it that is between 19 and 25 secs.

Check the timeline tracks - mute each one individually to see if it is an object/effect causing the beep.

. . . unistalling, reinstalling . . .

This rarely fixes anything unless the files and registry entries and config files settings that are left behind are removed, the uninstaller knows nothing about these as they are created on first run of the program.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/9/2024, 2:22 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 3/9/2024, 2:40 PM

@ProductionSavard Is this a wireless headset? I don't recommend to use such things. Doesn't matter if your computer costs $3000 and your headset $300. It's not audio production hardware. It would be much better to invest in an external USB audio/MIDI interface for $200 and wired headphones of your choice. With this even a basic computer from years ago can do music production fine.

ProductionSavard wrote on 3/9/2024, 2:55 PM

Hi
As I was saying, even when I paused the audio project, the shrill sound kept playing until i close the software. So I had no choice but to delete the project... I'll start again from scratch to see if the problem persists. This is very shocking, since it took me about 4 hours to get to where I was. This kind of stupid problem shouldn't happen if we don't touch anything. I think an investigation of this kind of problem should be done for the next update.

This isn't the first time I've used the software, I know practically everything there is to know about the basics. However, I'm not an expert, so I don't touch what I don't know. The only effect I've put in is an echo on a FX tail that lasts like 2 seconds, otherwise I haven't used VST, nor changed anything on my equipment or in the software. I've completed 25 projects in the last 2 months without any problems, and suddenly this happens. I find it hard to believe that the problem is mine.

If this continues, I'll have no choice but to try another DAW.

SP. wrote on 3/9/2024, 3:04 PM

@ProductionSavard You didn't try to troubleshoot the project? You reinstalled the software, which does nothing by the way, because the settings are stored separately, and deleted the project. Or is the project still there? Maybe the loop was damaged and it would've been enough to exchange it.

ProductionSavard wrote on 3/9/2024, 3:12 PM

It’s very possible that the loop was damaged, i bought it on Producer Loop, and they are reputed to not double-check the files before publishing it.
and for the project, i accidentally saved an new empty projet over it, and i couldn’t reloaded by the BAK0.MM files i don’t know why, this error happened to me twice time and i could reload it by selecting the backup file, but not this time!

So yeah, I’ll restart from scratch and see if the problem persists, if it does i’ll try with another song by the same bundle, actually this was the second song of the 5 ones i bought in this Bundle

Â