sudden sony mp3 plugin 2.0 prompt

Oliver-Dusterhoff wrote on 3/26/2022, 2:09 PM

Hi there,
I had the ACID 4.0 for over 10 years now and last week it locked down my access due to a non registered Sony mp3 plugin 2.0 , when attempting to follow the 'online registration' that is prompted it can not register. I tried EVERYTHING and tried to contact product support unfortunately without any success. Can anyone please help with how to proceed. The Acid 4.0 has been working great for all those years and I don't understand the problem here. Thanks in advance !

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 3/26/2022, 3:04 PM

As this is such an old program the online registration probably points to servers that no longer exist. I'm not sure Magix could provide support for such an old version of the software. This question seems to have come up a few times with very Sonic Foundry or Sony versions of various software. Perhaps it could be triggered by some update in Windows. The simple solution is to export as a wav file and use an external program to convert to MP3.

Oliver-Dusterhoff wrote on 3/27/2022, 10:12 AM

Thank you Graham-Hawker, makes sense - I was hoping there would be SOME kind of patch or update available from Sony to fix this, it's just a freakin' registration error :-(