Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/7/2022, 4:44 PM

@Jarkka

Hi and welcome to the forum.

AFAICS the Stylizers.ofx belongs to the NewBlue effects.

Check that your Antivirus is not blocking the program from accessing the effects - by temporarily disabling your Antivirus and start the program again.

If it loads then you need to add exceptions, for the program and NewBlue folders, to the Folder / Ransomware protection features - how you do this will depend on the AV program.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Jarkka wrote on 4/8/2022, 3:25 AM

Hi John,

and thank you answering and welcoming me.

I found a solution: I just renamed file by adding .org end of file name, just in case. Now program works. It seems to me that earlier version(s) have left this one behind and that was the problem.

The other issue I had was after upgrading to Windows 11: Movie Edit -program didn't start at all; I got only splash screen and nothing else. Splash screen disappeared after a while. I am not sure but it may have to do something with file named "riched20.dll" which I found out by browsing internet when I had a problem with an other program. After following instructions from internet many odd issues solved. This dll -file has something to do with rich text format and it seems to be crucial for many programs running under Windows.

Kind regards,

JH

emmrecs wrote on 4/8/2022, 5:59 AM

@Jarkka

I suspect Now program works because you have, in effect, disabled "Stylizers" from working! You say you changed the file extension from ".ofx" to ".org". The .ofx extension indicates that it is a file conforming to the Open File Exchange protocol, so usable as a plug in within MEP. .org is a web address extension (clearly not usable within MEP)!

I'm glad to hear that you have resolved a number of issues with various programs by making changes to that .dll you list. Though I'm honestly not sure how such a file interacts with MEP/MS.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam