Stuck in the transition from SCS to MAGIX

flo-minton wrote on 10/29/2018, 11:54 AM

Hi!

I recently had to reinstall all of my software on my Windows 10 laptop. I was able to go to My Account on MAGIX and reinstall Acid 7 Pro but I cannot locate the downloads and activation codes for the add-on products that were included in the original bundle - Acid Pro Effect Rack (iZotope), Aria Player and Kit Core.

Is there any possibility to still download these products and get the activation codes I was given with my original product? I went to my account on SCS and I see the ACID PRO registration but the add-ons are no longer there. They are also not on the MAGIX My Account area.

Please let me know, as some of my old projects are running these items and right now I can't load them.

Thanks so much! 
Flo

Comments

sheppo wrote on 11/5/2018, 2:37 PM

Hi @flo-minton

Sounds like your best bet would be to reach out to Magix support for a definitive answer. head over to magix.com and click the support link at the top.

flo-minton wrote on 11/5/2018, 4:33 PM

I did. No reply. Im kinda giving up. I have been an Acid user since v2 in the Sonic Foundry days. It is such a great program but I am disappointed in my inability to get Support since Magix took over. Just bought Cubase Elements 9.5 for $99. Moving to a Mac platform to get away from driver and ASIO issues. Cubase now has a function similar to Beatmapping and key transpose so I am not missing much. It also reads mp4 files for video scoring, not just .avi and .wmv. Acid was a competitive DAW but now it’s one notch above Music Maker. I am also really pissed that they trashed Acid Planet. It was an incredible community, especially in my Cinematic and Ambient genre. If Acid finally wakes up and makes the move to Mac like FL Studio finally did, I may be back. My Acid loops work great in Cubase 9.5 so there is not much else to miss. I am sad to walk away from my favorite DAW of all time. I bought an Artiphon Instrument 1 controller and it wouldn’t run properly on my Windows laptop. Magix should really consider developing a Mac version. I can’t stand that I spent so much time troubleshooting that it was a creative buzzkill. I wish you all the best of luck and have my fingers crossed for a Mac version some day.