Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/2/2022, 8:32 AM

@Unsounded

From what you write I think you are referring to what are called "Scrollbars". If so, their presence or absence is dictated entirely by whether everything shown in the toolbar list is visible. In other words, if present, they are there because the window for that toolbar is too short.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 9/2/2022, 10:13 AM

@Unsounded, I am not sure what you are referring to either.
Which version of Sound Forge-16 do you have.. the display is basically the same, but some of the settings and options can differ between SF Pro and Audio Studio.

In either case, the applicable settings for Scrollbars, Level Ruler, Overview and such are in the "Options> Data Window" menu.

The toolbars and toolbar icons can be customized in "View> Toolbars> Customize".

Meters, Time display, ect, are in the "View" men. Many can be docked or floated.

Unsounded wrote on 9/3/2022, 7:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. I don't mean scrollbars. Here's a screenshot to show what I mean.

And I was mistaken. SF 15 build 161 has these fat gripper bars as well. Some programs I have can lock toolbars in place and then the grippers take up no space at all. Use two or three toolbars and a whole icon is effectively lost.

rraud wrote on 9/4/2022, 9:26 AM

Hi @Unsounded, it appears there is a Separator (vertical line) next to the toolbar boarder. You can remove, add or move Separators in 'View> Toolbars> Customize' settings.
Here is an example of the SF customize settings window in my PC (the icons may appear slightly different in Sound Forge 10, but the setting is the same.