Stream Safe Music for Twitch

Jeremie-Moore wrote on 10/5/2020, 9:26 AM

The description in the title says it all. I would like to use Magix to create my own music for my stream and was looking to find an answer on if the finished product of a song I have created using the loops and soundpools is considered stream safe. I have purchased the subscription to the soundpools but I also understand that Magix doesn't own the licenses to the creators of them.

In the event that they are not stream safe, is there somewhere I can find a link to the creators who made the soundpools and ask for rights?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/5/2020, 9:36 AM

@Jeremie-Moore

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I'm not sure what you mean by stream safe but the context of your post seems to suggest you are asking about the licensing of Soundpools for commercial use. If that is correct, have you read this pinned post from a member of Magix staff?

One other thing: I believe the subscription to Loops Unlimited, which I think you have, does not allow such commercial use.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Jeremie-Moore wrote on 10/5/2020, 1:53 PM

Hello Jeff,

What i mean by "stream safe" is the allowance of playing the music in the background of a stream without fear of having the chance of having a DMCA strike. Since Twitch is enforcing DMCA code, it has became difficult to finding music to stream to when you face the potential chance of being striked against. So some artists and companies have created what is called "stream safe" music so that you are not sought after for copyright infringement.

The blurry lines of Twitch though make it nearly impossible to get an answer but most of the time, most artists want some kind of recognition for having their music being used without the need to purchase licenses or right for use.

johnebaker wrote on 10/5/2020, 2:09 PM

@Jeremie-Moore

Hi

. . . . What i mean by "stream safe" is the allowance of playing the music in the background of a stream without fear of having the chance of having a DMCA strike. . . . .

Even with commercial licences for the Soundpools used, there is no guarantee you will get a plagiarism or copyright claim against you and possible DMCA strikes.

The only sure way to avoid this is to create an original work, ie you compose the music and play it either using the instruments in Music Maker or use real instruments and recording you playing them.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 10/5/2020, 2:10 PM

The loops are royalty free, so everybody who paid for them can use them. The problem is that there are some fraudulent entities (at least on YouTube) that falsely claim songs that they made with Music Maker as their own and try to strike others who used the same samples to get money. Nobody can save you from that happening when you use loops.

emmrecs wrote on 10/5/2020, 2:11 PM

@Jeremie-Moore

Thank you for the additional information.

However, my advice is still the same: read the linked posts about Commercial Usage of Soundpools etc. and ensure you have the correct, "Commercial" licence. As I said before, my understanding of Loops Unlimited is that it does not include such a licence.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam