Stereo Recording

Former user wrote on 7/21/2021, 5:28 PM

How do you record a new track in stereo? USB Mic? I'm using Presonus USB interface with a mic pluged in on one side of it. Note: I only want one vocal track in stereo. Not two! Magix creates an additional track to make a mono track come out on L/R. I don't want to make two mono tracks!

Comments

Former user wrote on 7/21/2021, 6:02 PM

It is not possible. Thanks.

SP. wrote on 7/21/2021, 6:18 PM

@Former user Get a mono-to-2-mono splitter cable so you can plug your microphone into the left and right input of your interface.

Former user wrote on 7/21/2021, 6:42 PM

XLR and 1/4 not available. One side is Lo-Z and the other is 1/4 inch input. No fun. Where is the setting in Magix "2022" NEW NEW VERSION to record in Stereo!??!!!! Why don't you just roll out a patch or make it available in 2023 LOL I have never heard of anyone using 1/4 jack to record vocals. FL Studio, Reaper, Presonus, and all other DAW have a Stereo button. Why not MagiX????!!! Why should I spend more money. I spent enough already with a new computer, new hard drive, installation, and Magix Music Maker. When does it end?

SP. wrote on 7/22/2021, 2:33 AM

@Former user Click on the gear icon next to the record button or press SHIFT+R. There you can select mono or stereo recording. But if you only have a single mono cable the stereo signal will only be on the left channel.

Former user wrote on 7/22/2021, 2:46 PM

😫