Steam vs Standalone (re: missing commercial license?)

mometek wrote on 3/28/2022, 9:15 PM

A while ago (maybe more than a year?), I got Magix Music Maker on Steam and bought a couple of commercial licensed sound pools. In December, MMM had a huge sale on Premium Edition (2022) and I bought that, later buying a few more soundpools. It recognized the older soundpools from Steam and added them into my local library without any trouble.

Yesterday, I signed onto Producer Planet and found that all the freebies and licensed products I bought via the software is there - except for the ones I bought on steam. It shows it as if I hadn't purchased them at all. I'm assuming because I bought the commercial license, I can still use it in videos, etc. That said, I don't have proof? I don't want to have to buy the license again. I really don't have that kind of cash to throw around. 

To sum up my question: Is there a way to prove that I have a commercial license for the soundpools I already bought? In Steam it just shows up as "in game purchase."

Or... am I wrong to think the license isn't transferrable?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/29/2022, 4:08 AM

@mometek

Where, exactly, did you buy that couple of commercial licensed soundpools?

The fact that they do not show up in your ProducerPlanet account seems to suggest it was not Magix. I'm not sure how Steam purchases directly relate to this but I think you would need to ask Steam support for written confirmation of exactly what your purchased in order to "prove" you hold a commercial licence.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mometek wrote on 3/29/2022, 10:20 AM

It was through MMM itself, and the store, before Magix and Producer Planet had separate credentials (apparently, I have to use my Magix login to get into Producer Planet, now?).

This is frustrating. I have the receipts on Steam as "in game purchase" and what I purchased - but it's not in Producer Planet (I guess that could be proof, sort of?). I've already created some music I would like to use in book trailers, my website, etc. and maybe I have borderline OCD, but I would like to have it on Producer Planet.

I've included a screen shot with the purchases highlighted.

I could go onto Steam to ask, but I tried here first since I seem to be more likely get the answers I need here (which is why I don't post often, my questions are usually answered via someone else's post). But that is my next step if we don't figure it out here.

Thanks for your time.