Static and Program Freeze

Penny-Hanson wrote on 9/14/2018, 12:12 PM

Ugh! I'm going crazy with this program and I'm so close to learning another kind of program and ditching this one. Can you help? I am a hypnotist and I record the client sessions as I hypnotize them (very relaxing)-UNTIL the static starts up! Then it freezes. It's embarrassing and messing up my business!!!! I used to waste a lot of time trying to fix it mid-hypnosis session, but now I just keep talking, reboot the program and then have to start again-repeating what I want recorded-then to try and mix the bits and pieces real quick before I give them a copy. It's not working for me anymore. Does anyone know a solution or an easier program? I'm just playing music and recording my voice. nothing more is needed. (sound effects maybe)

Comments

fan-boy wrote on 9/19/2018, 1:58 PM

are you using Samplitude Music Studio or Music Maker ? the post was under Music Studio , just checking , to get started . I have recorded mic audio with MM and SMS and never had any issues . USB mic from a headset , at 16 bit 48 khz .

Penny-Hanson wrote on 9/22/2018, 10:26 AM

I'm using Music Maker. :) sorry!

emmrecs wrote on 9/22/2018, 11:06 AM

@Penny-Hanson

Thank you for confirming exactly which program you are using.

Now, in order to have any chance of being able to help you further we really do need a lot more information, about the exact version and variant of MM you are running, which audio driver you are using, what microphone you are using and how it is connected to your PC along with how you are recording the music. Together with all that we also need to know quite a lot about your computer itself! A good guide to the needed information is here.

Also, you say the problem is "static". Is it possible for you to post somewhere a short example of this static (in. wav format to so we can hear it as accurately as possible) and post a link here to allow others to download it and listen?

I have my suspicions about what is causing your problem but do really need the answers requested above, and a sample of the sound, if possible, to be able to go further!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam