Static and audio dropouts

P.A. wrote on 6/23/2024, 10:02 AM

Bought a new computer as my old one was slow. I have Samplitude Music Studio 2022 and just bought Samplitude Music Studio X8. When I run either program on the new computer (Acer Aspire 3, Windows 11), I get static in intervals and some of the audio drops out. It does not do that on the old computer (Dell, Windows 10). I have factory reset and reinstalled twice now and still encounter the same issues. I have no idea what to do to solve the problem. Please help!

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/23/2024, 12:01 PM

@P.A. Select in the audio settings of Samplitude an ASIO driver, open the ASIO driver control panel and set the sample buffer size to a reasonable value, for example 512 samples. Increase it to 1024 or 2048 samples if your computer still has dropouts.

P.A. wrote on 6/23/2024, 3:35 PM

First, thank you for your response. 2 questions.

Is Magix Low Latency 2016 an ASIO? If not, what should I be looking for? Will this also solve the static problem?

Sorry, up till this point I was able to create without having to learn the big technical knowledge. But I am willing to learn

SP. wrote on 6/23/2024, 3:43 PM

@P.A. Yes, Magix Low Latency is an older version of the free ASIO4ALL driver. Maybe it's a good idea to download and install the newest version of ASIO4ALL.

P.A. wrote on 6/23/2024, 6:50 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know