soundpools that were purchased no longer exist after upgrade

Jerome-Trutmann wrote on 8/31/2024, 10:40 AM

I have just recently updated Music Maker to 2024 from the 2022 version of which i had a fully purchased set of soundpools - 43 to be exact - these are now all missing and I cannot re-download them to my system and since music maker is heavily reliant on cloud base it has deleted any copies I had purchased - where are they I have invoices for them from my Microsoft account as proof - i have previous mixes that i can no longer populate in the application to make further tweeks to - Not happy about this as its effectively stealing - i can list all of them that are missing .... has anyone else had this issue? Any help to get them back would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/31/2024, 1:09 PM

@Jerome-Trutmann First, try to rescan the Soundpools in the program settings. Soundpools are usually saved in a separate folder, if I remember it correctly it should be under C:\Users\Public\Documents\Magix\Common. These shouldn't have been deleted, if you simply upgrade from 2022 to 2024.

On a new computer, you can simply redownload all Soundpools via the internal Download Tab. Just make sure you're logged in with your customer account.

Jerome-Trutmann wrote on 9/1/2024, 1:29 AM

thanks for the info :) ... yeh it is on a new computer but when i do a redownload all soundpools the ones previously purchased no longer show up in the store to redownload 43 of them have vanished from my systems, my account and from in the store???

Jerome-Trutmann wrote on 9/1/2024, 1:32 AM

the only proof i have of purchasing them is via my Microsoft account and credit card details it was over a few years too 2023 back to 2019 - all for music maker

Jerome-Trutmann wrote on 9/1/2024, 1:33 AM

i really enjoy this bit of software - after a stressfull day to sit and put something together is great - but ive lost some of my fav loops

SP. wrote on 9/1/2024, 3:41 AM

@Jerome-Trutmann If you visit Producerplanet.com and log in with your Magix e-mail address and password, can't you see the Soundpools under 'My Products'? Make sure you use the exact same email and password you used back in 2019. Don't use a new one.

If this works you should also be able to download the Soundpools inside of Music Maker. The advantage of downloading them inside Music Maker is, that they get placed in the correct folder automatically and they also have some additional data for the Song Maker feature.

Jerome-Trutmann wrote on 9/3/2024, 11:20 PM

ok i found the reason the soundpools disappearing... they were put away in another location altogether as it was for the old incarnation of music maker and its little baby brother Music maker Jam - (very fun kit) - But the good news is that i have placed all the old soundpools in a location that music maker could find and all 43 soundpools are back into production