SoundPool is crashing Music Maker

godsoe wrote on 11/11/2021, 11:35 AM

I'm new to Music Maker. Whenever I click (left or right) on one particular Soundpool (Fantasy Medieval Movie FX), Music Maker (v.30.0.3.39 - 64bit) will crash out hard. The error information is always an ACCESS_VIOLATION in thread "MuMa Location", exception code 0xC0000005, at address 0x00007FF79C4E&F38.

I have a dozen other Soundpools installed that all seem to work properly. I have tried rescanning all the Soundpools with no effect. I would try reinstalling the offending item, but I don't know how to uninstall except through the right-click option.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/11/2021, 11:45 AM

@godsoe You can uninstall Soundpools by uninstalling Magix Content and Soundpools from Windows Apps and Features. This will give you a list were you can select the Soundpools and Vita Instruments which you want to uninstall.

johnebaker wrote on 11/11/2021, 2:00 PM

@godsoe

Hi

. . . . ACCESS_VIOLATION in thread "MuMa Location", exception code 0xC0000005, . . . .

Are you using an external audio interface?

If so, this can be caused by compatibility issues between the universal ASIO driver,which is used by the default software, and external audio hardware - check you are using the drivers provided by the manufacturer of the audio equipment, and not the universal ASIO driver.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

godsoe wrote on 11/11/2021, 9:21 PM

Thank you SP, but uninstalling Magix Content and Soundpools only allows me to uninstall ALL Soundpools at once. I might try this as a last resort, but only wanted to get rid of the one for now.

Thank you John EB, but I already had switched the audio playback to Direct sound, as otherwise it would not direct output to my headphones.

SP. wrote on 11/11/2021, 11:58 PM

@godsoe You can download the free converter XMediaRecode from https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/

With this tool you can batch convert all Fantasy Medieval Movie FX loops from WAV to WAV again. Maybe there is one file in there, that is broken and crashes Music Maker. After converting the files they should be all repaired and then try again to load them in Music Maker.

The Soundpools should be saved under C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools if you didn't change the standard settings.

You can also just delete or move the problematic Soundpools there by hand.

GuanyinJC wrote on 2/10/2022, 1:24 PM

Good afternoon, although this post is more than a year old, it works for me, because I am experiencing the same thing, identical to godsoe. Although the soundpool that gives me problems is the rock/pop soundpool, so I will try the same solution that SP recommends. Just to comment, that until now I had not had any problems since I installed MM 2022, in September 2021. Recent changes in my PC? Yes, I have changed from a 250gb ssd to a 1000gb ssd, by making an exact copy of all the contents of the small ssd. And I had to reinstall my graphics drivers, of course to the latest version. The rest of the programs work perfectly. I also uninstalled MM for the problem I mention, with no favorable result. And I have practically made the same changes as godsoe, without positive result. Thanks greetings.