Soundpool and loops Commercial License questions

JamesBay wrote on 10/26/2023, 8:53 AM

I just purchased the Music Maker Premium and confused on the Soundpool and Loops usage and licenses. I want to use this software/daw to make songs and due to some of the automated methods in the software, I will need to purchase a commercial, royalty free license for the pool or loops. I go to the producer planet website and I see where you can buy the royalty free license on things, but, when using the music maker, how do I know exactly what one I am supposed to buy? On the soundpool specifically, it does not show a commercial license version. Then on your terms, it says there is an "unlimted" license that can be purchased, but I cannot find the link anywhere.

I want to create some tracks and distribute, but this is very confusing as to what the software is going to generate and where to purchase the license for each part.

Thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/26/2023, 9:02 AM

@JamesBay There is no unlimited license. You need to buy the commercial licenses for each Soundpool you use in your songs once.

There is an Loops Unlimited subscription, which let's you download all Magix Soundpool loops but you cannot use them commercially. But it's a cheap option to subscribe for one month (be sure to cancel soon enough or it will be renewed for another month), and test out all Soundpools and see what you like.

Another cheap way is to check out Humble Bundle or Fanatical for regular loop bundles. They have multiple sales each year where you can get dozens of loop packs for commercial usage, usually by Producer Loops or W.A. Productions.

Music Maker itself won't show whether loops have a commercial or non-commercial license. It's only a formality. You'll get a receipt after buying commercial loops. That's it. The non-commercial and commercial loops are identical.

PATIENT-X wrote on 10/26/2023, 9:55 AM

@JamesBay

Hello welcome

When you buy Soundpools under commercial license you will just need to take a note of said Soundpool version to use in Magix music maker.

Some users like myself like to use samples from different Soundpool versions as in genres to create a song or instrumental, so in that case you could not mix Soundpool samples from commercial and non commercial versions to create your own piece to distribute.

As mentioned you will just need to take note of what commercial Soundpools you want to use in music maker if you want make some money and present receipt as proof of purchase of said commercial license to any third parties you wish to use for your music distribution.

There are other organisations out there who sell sample kits with included commercial rights to the buyer, but the problem is that everyone is going to buy the same sample kits hoping to promote and make some money on a very similar piece of music just like yours.

Commercial license (100% royalty free)

This version offers unlimited rights.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 10/26/2023, 11:25 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

JamesBay wrote on 10/26/2023, 10:37 AM

I am completely confused with all of this and will continue to go through the tutorials. Already spent multiple hours, but still can't figure it out or even create a track.

My main reason on getting Music Maker was to have both a DAW and automated method to creating a track to then tweak, add vocals and "make my own". I wanted to use the Song Maker AI to make the entire thing, then go back and figure out what licenses to buy. But, I keep getting the attached error and then when I hit ok, the music maker crashes and reboots.

This is becoming a massive headache. I am barely able to even log into the software without it crashing. And then I have to manually purchase multiple licenses for commercial use and those aren't even tied to my UI so that I know which ones to use? Ugh....

PATIENT-X wrote on 10/26/2023, 11:13 AM

@JamesBay

Hi

Please see this thread here.

A little tip, use the AI song maker at first just to learn, but in future I would not use the AI song maker especially if you wanted to make some money, learn about musical structure and create your own from scratch.

Basically add in the samples without use of AI song maker.

@browj2

Also see here for great tutorials.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 10/26/2023, 11:28 AM, changed a total of 4 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

PATIENT-X wrote on 10/26/2023, 11:23 AM

@JamesBay

Hi

You said......"And then I have to manually purchase multiple licenses for commercial use and those aren't even tied to my UI so that I know which ones to use? Ugh"

You will know which ones to use as you will take note of the ones you purchased with a Commercial License?

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

JamesBay wrote on 10/26/2023, 11:38 AM

@JamesBay

Hi

You said......"And then I have to manually purchase multiple licenses for commercial use and those aren't even tied to my UI so that I know which ones to use? Ugh"

You will know which ones to use as you will take note of the ones you purchased with a Commercial License?

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Again, I will need to go through more tutorials to figure this out. Right now, the way I see it, when you purchase the Premium Music Maker package, you get the "unlimited soundpool" automatically installed (I think). And there are a bunch of things downloaded onto your computer automatically in order for the AI to create a track. The issue for me now is to figure out what was used in the track and then find it in the producer website to purchase. And then it seems that is a manual note taking and not something that is shown in the UI. All very confusing. In fact, I think I am going to uninstall the software and reinstall a fresh copy to see what exactly is being downloaded and where (I have 4 hard drives).

Thanks for your time with a newbie.

I am also going to go through the other threads you provided shortly.

PATIENT-X wrote on 10/26/2023, 11:40 AM

@JamesBay

Hi

Follow @browj2 for his great tutorials.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

JamesBay wrote on 10/26/2023, 6:33 PM

@JamesBay

Hi

Please see this thread here.

A little tip, use the AI song maker at first just to learn, but in future I would not use the AI song maker especially if you wanted to make some money, learn about musical structure and create your own from scratch.

Basically add in the samples without use of AI song maker.

@browj2

Also see here for great tutorials.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

I just reinstalled music maker again. Some problem on the song maker function. I posted my experience in the other post. The software crashes and reboots.

And I do want to learn how to put together tracks. But the main reason I bought this software over all the others was because I wanted to learn first with what AI can put together. And so far, music maker is a massive pain with a bunch of issues. Even though I did an advanced set up to let the software know where I wanted folders to be, after set up they are still showing up in my c: drive which is completely full. Which is making it difficult to do a fresh install when folders and files are all over the place.

Oh well....

JamesBay wrote on 10/26/2023, 6:35 PM

@JamesBay

Hi

Stephen

Forum Moderator

And I am having another issue on the soundpools. I purchased the "unlimited" plan and the UI is showing everything for purchase. So I now I will see if I can download them from the website and manually move them over to wherever the software put all the folders. More fun....

SP. wrote on 10/26/2023, 7:04 PM

@JamesBay Collections cannot be downloaded with Loops Unlimited. Please download individual Soundpools.

How much space is available on your C drive?

JamesBay wrote on 10/26/2023, 7:23 PM

@JamesBay Collections cannot be downloaded with Loops Unlimited. Please download individual Soundpools.

How much space is available on your C drive?

I have 4 total drives and a NAS. The c: drive only has about 10gigs left. Sucks.

JamesBay wrote on 10/26/2023, 9:08 PM

Thank you guys for attempting to help. I reinstalled the software for the 3rd time and this time, the software won't allow me to even log in. It freezes. Too much trouble unfortunately. Going to request a refund.

SP. wrote on 10/27/2023, 1:43 AM

@JamesBay It is better to simply reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu. Reinstalling the program will not reset the program settings because they are saved separately.

10 gigs of free hard drive space is too low. Windows will get instable if not enough space is available. And Music Maker needs a lot of free space for temporary files.

johnebaker wrote on 10/27/2023, 7:13 AM

@JamesBay

Hi

In addition to @SP.'s comment, which I agree with, - 10 gigs of free hard drive space is too low - it is recommended that you have at least 15% free space on large drives eg 2TB or more , and 20% minimum on smaller drives, any less than this Windows can start to struggle.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/27/2023, 7:14 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

JamesBay wrote on 10/27/2023, 7:39 AM

@JamesBay

Hi

In addition to @SP.'s comment, which I agree with, - 10 gigs of free hard drive space is too low - it is recommended that you have at least 15% free space on large drives eg 2TB or more , and 20% minimum on smaller drives, any less than this Windows can start to struggle.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Yes. I know my c: drive doesn't have a lot of space left. After going through troubleshooting, I noticed I had about 50 gig more before the music maker installation, but the software automatically downloaded about 6 microsoft add ons which are large in size. Apparently things that are needed to run music maker. But regardless of any software being installed, I always do advanced installs to have the new software put onto one of my other drives. And for some reason, music maker is not keeping those locations after installation. Every time I go back to settings and change the folder locations, the software goes very slow or freezes.

I have a VERY expensive gaming rig and there should be no reason for all of these issues. And I don't have the time to continue to troubleshoot. Wish this would have been easier :)

SP. wrote on 10/27/2023, 7:50 AM

@JamesBay Slowing down might be caused by your external hard drives. Hard to tell. For me, Music Maker runs fine on a simple Asus Flipbook from 2018, which only has a four core processor.

JamesBay wrote on 10/27/2023, 8:02 AM

@JamesBay Slowing down might be caused by your external hard drives. Hard to tell. For me, Music Maker runs fine on a simple Asus Flipbook from 2018, which only has a four core processor.

I don't use the NAS for installations of anything. The other drives are internal. So that's not the problem.

And I tested the installation on a cheap laptop and it worked fine (except for the song maker of course). So it looks like that music maker doesn't like changing directories during and after installation. Which is odd.

browj2 wrote on 10/27/2023, 8:35 AM

@JamesBay

Hi,

You can change directories during installation except for the path to Content and Soundpools if you have previously installed a version of Music Maker. Reinstalling is not going to change this. The installation program detects that this exists. You would first have to delete or better still, move anything that comes under:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common

to another drive. This main folder has the Content and Soundpools for Music Maker and other Magix programs.

In the above image, I cannot change the path.

There is probably more to it, but that gives you the basics.

Once installed, you can try moving the Soundpools folder to another drive (with MM closed), and change the path in the Program Settings, Folders tab beside Soundpool. Then in MM, under Loops tab, the gear parameters button at the upper right of this window, select Add new Soundpools and navigate to the new location of the Soundpools folder.

As you have been told, uninstalling/reinstalling is not going to change anything unless the program doesn't work at all. All that you are doing is making the situation worse, especially since there was no problem with the program to start with.

Uninstalling does not remove the content, and especially the Soundpools folder and it had better not. Many users have Soundpools that were purchased before the invention of the Store and this where they are located. We would be extremely upset if an uninstall removed these. The same applies to Soundpools purchased from Producer Planet that should be unzipped under the same location - \Soundpools. You do not want them to disappear.

Once Soundpools are downloaded, they are simply audio files, either OGG or WAV. They are not part of the program and do not get removed unless you do it yourself. Unlimited Soundpool loops are different, as has been mentioned.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 10/27/2023, 10:10 AM

@browj2 

You can change directories during installation except for the path to Content and Soundpools if you have previously installed a version of Music Maker.

In my experience it is possible to change this folder after all Magix softwares are uninstalled from the computer. Then it should work without needing to edit the Windows registry.

The directory then becomes editable again during the installation.

Joseph-Vaccaro wrote on 10/27/2023, 7:49 PM

Does anyone know when the following titles will be part of the 70% off sale?

Massive Drum & Bass
Sounds Like Tik Tok
Strictly Garage
Hard Rock Heroes
Vocal Trance
White Sands