Soundpacks malfunctioning because I don't proper VSTs

ParadoxMM wrote on 9/29/2017, 9:21 AM

So I know a lot of people have experienced this scenario: you click on a sound in a particular soundpool/soundpack and it brings up the message: The following VST plug-in cannot be loaded: [insert instrument]. I had this happen to me when I purchased and installed the soundpacks "Techno-Strobe Lights" and "Techno-Basement Blast". I have found two of the instruments I need (Analog Synths and Drum Engine), but the plug-in titled "DN-e1" seems to only exist in the premium version of Music Maker. I only have the free version, so if that is the case, I would disappointed to have to pay $80 dollars to fix this error! Keep in mind that every post I've seen regarding this issue always mentions how you can go under Help, click some option labelled Download free instruments, and then you can just download what you need to fix the issue. If someone could actually post the link to the webpage this takes you to, I would greatly appreciate it!

Comments

browj2 wrote on 9/29/2017, 10:18 PM

Hi,

First, look at the comparison table of the various versons on Magix.com. With the free version, you get 3 instruments, Concert Grand LE, Vita 2, Revolta 2. Most of the soundpool loops are audio files, but some are MIDI files with the extension .TAK. These require an instrument to be loaded, and in this case, the one that was used to create the file. If you don't have the instrument, as in your case, you get an error. Does the MIDI file load into the Arranger? If so, you can change the instrument to a Vita 2 instrument or Revolta, or whatever else you have. Or, you can purchase the missing instrument.

Instruments can be purchased under the Instruments tab. Scroll down and you will see "Expand your collection," followed by all of the instruments that you don't have.

Before purchasing anything, you should look at how much it costs and if it comes with the Plus or Premium versons. It is likely less costly to purchase the Premium version which comes with 8 additional instruments plus many, many soundpool loops, as well as all of the editing features not available in the free version. The sum of the cost of the parts is much more expensive than the whole car.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ParadoxMM wrote on 9/30/2017, 6:53 AM

I don't think you understood me. I know how to get the instruments I don't have. It was not a matter of why I need them, or how to get them. In fact, I found an installer on www.magix.com that let me download and install the instruments I need (excluding DN-e1). However, now the Music Maker doesn't seem to realize that I have the instruments, even though they are installed in the same place as Concert Grand LE, which DOES show up and is recognized by the program. Any ideas on that?

Larry98 wrote on 9/30/2017, 12:08 PM

I don't think you understood me. I know how to get the instruments I don't have. It was not a matter of why I need them, or how to get them. In fact, I found an installer on www.magix.com that let me download and install the instruments I need (excluding DN-e1). However, now the Music Maker doesn't seem to realize that I have the instruments, even though they are installed in the same place as Concert Grand LE, which DOES show up and is recognized by the program. Any ideas on that?

The installer you found on magix.com was the old way to buy virtual instruments. You can only buy them single in the in-app store or by purchasing the plus or premium version and than use the coupons to select the instrument.

Last changed by Larry98 on 9/30/2017, 12:09 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.

browj2 wrote on 9/30/2017, 12:50 PM

Look at the following screen shots. This is where the links and other information has to be.

And DN-e1

It is also available under the Instruments tab to purchase, or, as I found out yesterday, to update.

If you purchased the instruments prior to the latest version, then you should have an activation code for them. How you activate them now, I don't know. The ones that I purchased were already activated but they don't show up, so I will ask Magix what to do.

Note that downloading the instruments does not mean that you can actually use them. You have to pay for them one way or another.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ParadoxMM wrote on 9/30/2017, 1:35 PM

Actually, after closing the program for the night, I opened it again this morning and the sounds worked! Can't see the instruments in the Music Maker program, but I am no longer getting that error message.

In addition to that, some of the sound samples aren't appearing in the program under their proper tabs (such as the "Mallets" in Techno-Strobe Lights). I can see the tab, but when I click on it, the program doesn't display any samples. I opened the unzipped version of the soundpool and checked the "Mallets" folder, and sure enough, the samples were inside.

It seems like every time I find a solution, another issue pops up as a result!

ParadoxMM wrote on 10/9/2017, 8:36 AM

Okay, so I found the reason why the samples weren't showing up under their tabs: because I had the option "Show audio samples only". I still need the DN-e1 VST, but I'll get that when I have the money. However, using the old download manager/installer for the instruments did fix the other samples that wouldn't play. However, after installing the instruments, I found you do need to restart Music Maker before it recognizes the instruments are installed, and even though I can't use the instruments, the samples work. So, I guess that's the solution. Sort of.