SoundForge scripts no longer working with user-made presets.

Kurt-Larson wrote on 12/1/2023, 5:51 PM

I reported this problem more than a year ago, so... bumping:

I have scripts which work correctly in SoundForge 13, but in versions 16 and 17 do not. The problem is that the scripts can no longer use user-made presets. My test case is a script which applied a graphic fade using a preset I made. The script works find if I give it one of the factory preset names, but it does not work if I give it one of my preset names.

Since user presets are stored differently from factory presets (user presets are stored in the Registry, factory presets somewhere else), there is apparently a fault in the code which consults the Registry to obtain the user preset.

Please elevate this bug, thank you.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/1/2023, 6:04 PM

@Kurt-Larson Click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket.

emmrecs wrote on 12/2/2023, 4:18 AM

@Kurt-Larson

These are user to user forums, not Magix support, so no-one here can elevate this bug, sorry.

Please do as @SP. writes and create a Support ticket.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 12/2/2023, 10:26 AM

Creating a support ticket is a bit confusing, below is a link to a comment with my instructions, which may be easier to find and clearer than Magix's.
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/sound-forge-display-font--1264650/#ca1822142

btw, seasons greetings and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Kurt-Larson.