SoundForge Pro 16 Suite switched back to demo mode

noisywan wrote on 1/24/2024, 1:34 AM

I have Vegas Pro v13, v20 and SoundForge Pro 16 Suite on a Win 10 PC. After installing V13, some tools in SF Pro 16 switched into demo mode (for ex; Graphic EQ, MultiBand Dynamics etc). Is there a way to fix it other than reinstalling? Will a reinstall delete my adjustments in the Preferences?

https://ibb.co/c1LS2yF

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/24/2024, 1:42 AM

@noisywan You can upload images to this forum with the arrow icon above the response text box.

Did you install Sound Forge Pro 13 Suite? Maybe you installed a feature reduced version like Sound Forge Audio Studio 13. I suspect that the demo versions of the effects overwrote the full versions. In that case I would recommend a reinstallation of Sound Forge Pro 16 Suite.

noisywan wrote on 1/24/2024, 7:21 AM

Ok, thanks for the upload tool info. I think I was in a hurry so I must have thought it was an emoji just like that smiley next to it.

No, I just installed Vegas Pro 13.

I uninstall / reinstalled it and it's fixed. BTW, the components set to Demo versions were all from Sony. It reverted back to Magix after reinstall.

I thought installing multiple versions of SonicFoundry /Sony /Magix products on the same system did not interfere with each other but I guess that is not true anymore. Looks like installing an `older` product with the `new` one messes up things sometimes.

Problem:

Fixed:

rraud wrote on 1/24/2024, 12:22 PM

The activation serials, forum and registration log-in and other user info was ported over to Magix from Sony in 2016-17.