Soundforge Pro 15.0 can't find my Relab Plugin (LX480)

Neal-Cronce wrote on 5/28/2021, 9:04 AM

The plug in is registered and lives in Program files 86, VST plug ins. I have directed the VST plugin preferences to look in that folder, but sound forge does not "discover" the program, even after I refresh. A second problem is that all of my IK Multimedia plugins are "found" by soundforge, but when I apply any of the IK plugins, it wipes out the sound data, the wav forms disappear and I have a zero volume file.

Comments

rraud wrote on 5/28/2021, 9:32 AM

Sorry, I have no experience with the IK Multimedia or the Relab plugs, Are they both VST plug-ins? Contact Magix support for the Relab issue and IK directly for that problem.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Neal-Cronce

Rednroll wrote on 5/29/2021, 3:29 AM

For the past few days I have been re-installing and reorganizing my plugins in the plugin managers of Sound Forge, AP and Vegas. Then trying each one out to ensure they work properly

One of those plugins included Relab's LX480. I've definitely have had problems with this plugin in all of these programs with different results. The Magix program suite don't seem to like it at all. I haven't tried it in other programs.

However they do show up in Sound Forge 15 for me.

However, my experience of getting it to work has been a different story. Here are my mixed results with it so far.

SF15

Both the 32bit and 64bit show up in Sound Forge but I was unable to get the 64bit to work at all, I clicked on the plugin from the plugin manager and nothing happens. Where if I do the same with the 32bit, it opens and plays back fine.

VP18

Only the 32bit version shows up, but I'm unable to use any of the built-in presets which is not the case in SF. The 64bit version doesn't show up.

AP10

Both 32 and 64bit versions show up. Trying to use the 64bit will send AP10 crashing to its knees.32bit version works fine.

Disappointing since the Relab LX480 is a Lexicon 480L reverb simulator where I was really looking forward to use it, especially within Vegas where I do most of my mixing. The Magix programs definitely don't like this plugin.

xman_charl wrote on 6/1/2021, 2:44 PM

have been using Acon Digital DeNoise2

Acon Digital has 17 vst thingys

DeNoise2 does not work SF, but works properly Audition...