SoundForge Audio Studio does not open last used files at start

Maria-Cigasova wrote on 1/23/2022, 9:01 AM

Hi all,

I'm testing out the trial version of SoundForge Audio Studio 15 running on Windows 10 PC. I want to ask if the following behavior happens the same way in the paid version of the program:

1. Open some sound files in this program simultanously, save them but do not close them. Multiple files are still open.

2. Exit from AudioStudio.

3. Open AudioStudio again. Studio is opened but it is empty, no file is automatically loaded.

4. I would expect all files that were open at exit will be again automatically opened at start-up.

Is there an option which would force the AudioStudio to open up multiple files that were last open upon starting the program? I remember a really old version of SoundForge had this feature and I've grown to like it very much.

Is this feature missing on SoundForge Pro as well?

Thank you,

Maria.

Comments

xman_charl wrote on 1/23/2022, 11:02 AM

Have two mp3s that are needed/open when SF is started..

Preferences:

check Open default workspace on startup

windows layouts/Default Layout

have those two mp3s open in Default Layout

Now those two mp3s are always opened

rraud wrote on 1/23/2022, 11:11 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Maria-Cigasova.

Sound Forge Audio Studio will not reopen the previous opened file(s) on start-up.. (it is the lower priced lite version), However, if you open the 'File' menu, the previously opened files can be opened form there.. if that is any consolation.
SF Pro will automatically re-open the previous file(s) when launched (if so set in the preferences menu).. SF Pro also has single or multi-instance option that was introduced in SF Pro 14, (build 111 as I recall).

Addendum: Audio Studio does not have the "Open default workspace on start-up" preferences option.

CyberBeat wrote on 1/23/2022, 3:20 PM

Correct Sound Forge Audio Studio doesn't have that option.