SoundForge Audio Studio 14 (possible to upgrade to SoundForge Pro 16?)

Victor-Westmann wrote on 3/25/2022, 1:35 PM

I would just like to know if there's an option to upgrade from one tier of Sound Forge to another tier.

Right now I have SoundForge Audio Studio 14 to SoundForge Pro 16? Or I can only upgrade to the same product version only?

Like, I can only upgrade to newer versions of SoundForge Audio Studio. Or from older to newer versions of SoundForge Pro?

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/25/2022, 1:57 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Victor-Westmann,
You can get the upgrade discount on any subsequent version as long as you have a valid serial code from a legacy Sound Forge product (even if it is an old Sony version of Sound Forge).

Victor-Westmann wrote on 3/25/2022, 2:10 PM

Thank you for your quick reply @rraud.

So I'm guessing the same is true for the ACID products (Audio Studio, Pro and Pro Studio)? Sweet!

I will find a way to do a deeper research on this! Thank you!

Victor-Westmann wrote on 3/25/2022, 2:20 PM

I guess I did a pretty good deal then to acquire SoundForge Audio Studio 14 and Acid Music Studio 11 for CAD 36 bucks then! Humble bundle is amazing. I will upgrade to more robust version of each software soon then!

SP. wrote on 3/25/2022, 2:58 PM

@Victor-Westmann I think you got a pretty good basis with the Audio Studio versions and got the core features like cutting audio easily in Sound Forge and drawing loops in a fast way in Acid. The bigger versions mainly come with more plugins. But there are many free or cheap plugins out there, that can do the same or a similar job.

Victor-Westmann wrote on 3/25/2022, 3:14 PM

I got really frustrated when I realized that there is no way (please correct me if I'm wrong, tihs is what I know so far!) to add other audio channels, like other trakcs in Sound Forge Audio Studio. That's the main thing. If I find a way to do this in the application I'd be SUPER happy and satisfied with it! True story. :)

rraud wrote on 3/25/2022, 6:57 PM

like other tracks in Sound Forge Audio Studio.

Adding channels in SF Pro should be basically the same as Audio Studio (AS)... though AS-12 was different if that is what you have
SF Pro can have up to thirty-two channels, whereas AS has a maximum of eight. Channels are not to be confused with tracks, SF is an editing application.. not a multi-track recording/mixing app like ProTools. Audition, Reaper, Samplitude, Vegas or the free Audacity.