sound not working

L-S wrote on 6/15/2021, 12:19 PM

Hello. I am a new user of Magix Music Maker (version 29.0.6.38). I installed the program last night. When I started trying to use it, I got no sound. The demo appeared to play, the loops appeared to play, and I could adjust the MIDI sound setting in the program. I just can't hear anything - not through headphones, or through my computer speakers.

I am a complete beginner with Music Maker and DAWs in general. As such, I have no idea what the problem might be, or how to fix it. I tried restarting my computer, but this didn't help.

(I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro tablet-computer.)

Is there any way to fix this? Please advise.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/15/2021, 12:50 PM

@L-S Hello. Please go into the program settings and look under Audio/MIDI which audio driver is selected. Usually it should be an ASIO driver (Magix Low Latency). You can then click on the "Advanced..." button to open the driver settings. You need to activate your audio devices in this window.

L-S wrote on 6/17/2021, 11:43 PM

Thank you!

However, I tried toggling the settings in the Advanced tab by clicking the names of the devices. Whether or not they were selected, I got no audio. Do you have any idea why that could be?

SP. wrote on 6/18/2021, 1:37 AM

@L-S Maybe you need a newer version of the driver. Please go to https://www.asio4all.org/ and download and install it. Then restart your computer and select ASIO4ALL as a driver and try to activate your devices by clicking on the "Advanced..." button.

L-S wrote on 6/20/2021, 6:50 PM

I (with the added help of MAGIX tech support, and also Windows Support) did manage to find the problem. It was the driver!

Specifically, it was because I didn't have an ASIO driver installed. I still had the (different) driver my device came with out of the box.

I'll definitely keep the ASIO website in mind, though. Thank you.