Sound Forge Toolbars, adding Izotope plugins to them. Is it possible?

David_M-62. wrote on 3/16/2021, 8:11 PM

I have re-installed my old Sound Forge 9.0c to an old laptop with the Izotope Mastering Effects Bundle everything works fine, but when I try to add the four Izotope plugins to a toolbar in the Customize Toolbars window they are not there. If anyone knows how to do this, or can tell me for certain it is not possible, I won't waste any more time searching through help files, Google etc which never seem to have the answers!!. I like to keep my essential tools, filters etc on the toolbar where I can get at them with one click, otherwise it means going to FX Favourites then Mastering Effects Bundle then Multiband Compressor, three clicks. I know Sound Forge 9 is a bit out of date, but if anyone remembers this problem it would be appreciated. I have Windows XP on an old Toshiba Laptop, Sound Forge 9.0c. Many thanks, David

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/18/2021, 11:55 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @David_M-62.

According to my SF Pro-10, there is no option to add any of the 'Mastering Suite' plug-ins to the toolbar or as a custom keyboard command. I would assume SF-9 to be the same.
You could add the Mastering Suite plug-in(s) to a plug-in chain and save a preset... but if you only need one, it would be faster to select from the 'FX Favorites' menu.
To add; "FX Favorites> Organize> Direct X", click and drag the plug-in(s) to the favorites folder.

David_M-62. wrote on 3/18/2021, 5:43 PM

Thanks very much for your help, it confirms what I suspected, it won't work because they are 'third party' plugins. But they were included with Sound Forge in the edition I bought, so perhaps they should have added them to the toolbar. Maybe the program was finished off before the decision was made to bundle in the plugins, but that could have been put right in the next version. Strangely the plugins do work with the Batch Converter, thankfully. Regards, David

condex wrote on 3/19/2021, 6:31 AM

But they were included with Sound Forge in the edition I bought, so perhaps they should have added them to the toolbar

Please keep in mind that Sound Forge Pro 9 is, as you state in your post, out of date. It's over 10 years old - and what's more it was released by Sound Forge Pro's former owner - Sony. 'Bonus' extras are just that - bonus extras provided by 3rd party plugin companies like iZotope. They are not integral to the Sound Forge Pro (SFP) program simply because those 'bonus extras' that come with programs like Sound Forge Pro change from time-to-time. iZotope plugins like Mastering Effects (which is a terrific bundle though only 32 bits) may have been an extra with Sound Forge Pro for a limited period of time (as is the case with 'extras' these days) but not for other periods of time during the product's release window. Differently named iZotope Mastering Effects plugins came with SFP 10 and 11.

Sound Forge Pro 15 Suite currently offers a large range of 3rd party plugins from different 3rd party companies. Chances are that not all of these plugins will be available in the toolbar selection.

From a recent post on this forum, it was noted that the current Ozone 9 Elements plugin does appear as an icon in the toolbar of Sound Forge Pro 15. But I can confirm that the now dated Mastering Effects does not appear as an icon in SFP15's toolbar but is still able to be selected as a VST plugin so long as the Program Files (x86) folder containing the Mastering Effects plugin has been selected in SFP via Options/Preferences/VST Effects (tab).

And with SFP15, the FX Favorites menu selection provides easier access to 3rd party plugins than was previously available in SFP14 and earlier via their clunky and user-unfriendly FX menu process. Perhaps give SFP15 a try via its trial version.

rraud wrote on 3/19/2021, 10:41 AM

The iZotope (Direct X) Mastering Suite that was included with SFP-9 (and 10) was a separate installation, registration and activation through iZotope. I have the iZ Mastering Suite II installed on my Win 10 PC, and it works w/o issue in all 32 bit versions of SF and Vegas. It will not work in any 64 bit versions though. The SF-9 iZ Mastering Suite installer is not available from Magix or iZotope AFAIK. You may be able to find though in the SCS archives, You would still need the unique serial.