Comments

rraud wrote on 10/25/2021, 5:40 PM

What version and build of Sound Forge-15? Read this 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

What file format(s) are you attempting to open and/or save?
Are you referring to "tracks" from an audio CD? Otherwise, Sound Forge is a multi-channel editor and does not use "tracks" like ProTools or other multi-track DAWs.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Scott-Johnston.

Scott-Johnston wrote on 10/26/2021, 8:39 AM

Using Sound Forge 15.0, Build 64, 64 Bit. Utilizing the "Burn Disc-at-Once" feature to create the two-channel CD and yes, later editions of Sound Forge have the ability to create regions and then create tracks from regions by using the "Edit" functions of the toolbar. The recent problem is that executing a "Save" or "Save As" of the file for later access loses the track markers and associated metadata. I have used this feature for several years including up to a week ago with no issue. I will attempt a work-around by using a separate version of CD Architect, but since its integration into the Sound Forge platform a few years ago, that hasn't been necessary. As a sidebar, I deleted and re-installed the software yesterday with no change in the result.

rraud wrote on 10/26/2021, 9:35 AM

Is "Save metadata with file" check-marked in the 'Save' or 'Save as' window?
If not, only the audio data is saved. Markers, regions, CD tracks, ID tags, ect, will be removed.

There is also "Warn when metadata cannot be save with file" alert option in the "Options> Preferences> General" that may be of interest.

Scott-Johnston wrote on 10/26/2021, 12:55 PM

Box is checked. First thing I went to. And, as I said before, I created a CD a week ago using same techniques with no issue.

rraud wrote on 10/26/2021, 6:01 PM

What file format, some like the Mac PCM <.aif>. does not support metadata.

Try resetting and clearing the cache in the file menu.

Scott-Johnston wrote on 10/27/2021, 7:40 AM

.wav format. As I have said, I used the same software in the same way as recently as a week ago and it was working fine.

Scott-Johnston wrote on 10/27/2021, 7:44 AM

Will try resetting the cache.

rraud wrote on 10/27/2021, 9:59 AM

I will attempt a work-around by using a separate version of CD Architect

FWIW, I still use CD Arc in the rare instance someone requests an audio CD.