Sound Forge Registration on New DAW

Michael-Jones6957 wrote on 7/28/2024, 3:49 PM

Admittedly I haven't used Sound Forge much in the last 2 or 3 years due to illness preventing me from recording. I just set up a new DAW and went to download SF but it doesn't show up in the 'My Products' list. I searched back and got the serial number but when I went to search for it, it came back as already activated but it still isn't showing a download link.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/28/2024, 5:20 PM

@Michael-Jones6957 The exact error message would be helpful. Did you try to redeem a voucher code a second time? Did you try to register the serial number a second time? Both are not possible.

Did you try to activate the serial number after running the program and got the error code -24?

This usually means that the serial number is registered to another customer account with a different e-mail address. It could be a simple typo that you made in the past. In that case you need to contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for assistance.

johnebaker wrote on 7/28/2024, 7:18 PM

@Michael-Jones6957

Hi

In addition to @SP.'s question, which version of Sound Forge do you have?

John EB
ForumModerator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Michael-Jones6957 wrote on 7/29/2024, 9:04 AM

I remembered last night that I purchased a CD back up for Sound Forge. It loaded and registered perfectly on Magix but still doesn't show up in My Products listing. It updated cleanly afterwards, too. Not sure what's going on, but at least it's working now.

Cheers

rraud wrote on 7/29/2024, 4:14 PM

What version number of Sound Forge do you have?
Confirm the email address you used when you registered SF. it is possible to have two + accounts if the email (log-in) address is different. The activation serial is not universal and must be used with the pertinent email address. Magix versions of SF can be activated on two PCs simultaneously. If this is a third PC, one of the two existing activations will need to be deactivated. SCS (Sony) versions of SF had an unspecified number of activations (many).