SOUND FORGE Pro 16 - Patch 16.1.1 Build 29

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 7/25/2022, 5:03 AM

Dear SOUND FORGE Pro community,

We have been working hard on SOUND FORGE Pro 16 and are happy to announce that we have a new patch for you. Here is what has been updated:

Scope:

Version 16.1.1 is a hotfix update that adresses bugs and issues found by customers and beta testers and adds a bunch of newly reworked interactive tutorials. 

Features:

• Reworked Interactive Tutorials:
    • How to burn a CD
    • How to use Vocal Activity Detection & Wave Coloring
    • How to pitch bend audio
    • How to use Visualizations
    • How to use the SF Context Menu

Improvements:

• Elastique Pro time-stretching has been updated to the latest version 3.3.12
    • Performance fix for the previous update
  • Added and reworked help files and manuals for FR and ES
  • Improved tooltips in Instant Action View
  • Improved button states for Instant Action commands
  • Improved "Apply" button functionality in preferences' Labels section
  • Removed old VST-handling binaries
  • Plug-In Manager and FX Plug-Ins menu
    • Improved handling of Plug-Ins that are no longer scanned
    • Added a "Hidden" folder to the Plug-In Manager that lists all Plug-Ins that are otherwise hidden and allows to unhide them
  • Increased default size of the Interactive Tutorial window

Bugfixes:

• A freeze while processing multichannel audio with FabFilter Pro Q has been fixed
  • Fixed an issue that let Plug-In Favorites sometimes disappear after rescanning
  • Various translation fixes for ES and FR
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when closing the Plug-In Manager after changes and opening the FX Menu while the VST Scanner is still running

We hope you enjoy all those new features and improvements! Make sure you tag us in your creations!

Best wishes,
MAGIX Team

Comments

walter-howerton wrote on 7/25/2022, 12:54 PM

Does this fix the show-stopping problem with 16.1 where VST3 plugins would not work? That is an absolutely vital and essential fix. If it is not fixed, then please provide a link for downloading the most recent build of 16.0, so that work can resume, which requires VST3 plugins. Thank you.

rraud wrote on 7/26/2022, 12:22 PM

Confirm both 32 and 64 bit VST-3 folders are designated in the VST search folder dialog (Options> Preferences> VST Effects). On my PC, the 64 bit search folders vanished in the 16.1.1 update. Include both "Program Files> Common files> VST-3" and 'Program Files (x86)> Common files> VST-3".

john_barr wrote on 7/26/2022, 3:42 PM

I did a clean install of Sound Forge 16.1.1 and the VST3 64bit search folder appears normal.

walter-howerton wrote on 7/27/2022, 5:21 PM

Confirm both 32 and 64 bit VST-3 folders are designated in the VST search folder dialog (Options> Preferences> VST Effects). On my PC, the 64 bit search folders vanished in the 16.1.1 update. Include both "Program Files> Common files> VST-3" and 'Program Files (x86)> Common files> VST-3".

Yes. That's confirmed.
VST3 plug-ins cannot run in SoundForge Pro 16.1 or 16.1.1. Has anyone gotten VST3 plug-ins to run in these versions?

Burton-Allan wrote on 8/8/2022, 7:25 PM

I'm waiting on, I guess, the next update? I have a scaling issue with the pop-up for 32-bit plug-ins, specifically, trying to use the Izotope Mastering Suite from an older Sound Forge version, per my thread with Rick. Rick mentioned you are aware of this and it might be patched in the next future update. Note screenshot. I came across this video on You Tube which seems to address this issue. This is something I would never attempt to do myself, but, might be worth a look for someone with the skillset to review this solution. Gives me hope this will be fixed soon, hopefully.

Dumper wrote on 8/13/2022, 5:08 PM

I have an older version of Sound Forge Audio Studio --version 10.o (build 252).

Magix is constantly providing me an upgrade promotional. Would that promotional work with my current software and to what advantage?

Currently I am able to capture audio from my computer and perform some basic manipulations?

rick-a wrote on 8/14/2022, 7:46 PM

I'm finding the same problem with 16.1.1 build 30 that VST3 plug-ins don't work. Does anyone know of a fix for this or should I just uninstall and reinstall the previous version?

rick-a wrote on 8/17/2022, 4:51 AM

I'm finding the same problem with 16.1.1 build 30 that VST3 plug-ins don't work. Does anyone know of a fix for this or should I just uninstall and reinstall the previous version?

I contacted Magix support and Craig there advised me to do a refresh under Options->Preferences->VST Effects. That fixed the problem. (I'd been getting a message "An error occurred during an edit operation" when I tried running a VST 3 plug in after upgrading to 16.1.1 build 30. After doing the refresh the plug-ins now run correctly.)

rick-a wrote on 8/17/2022, 4:52 AM

Yes. That's confirmed.
VST3 plug-ins cannot run in SoundForge Pro 16.1 or 16.1.1. Has anyone gotten VST3 plug-ins to run in these versions?

Hi Walter - I've now been able to run VST 3 plug ins in 16.1.1 build 30 after doing a plug in refresh. I've posted about this below.